Ethiopia Wolichu Wachu - Sweet Spot

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Aguirre

Postby Aguirre » Feb 05, 2019, 10:31 pm

Super excited about this roast. Just dropped few minutes ago...

Super promising

EddyQ

Postby EddyQ » Feb 05, 2019, 11:25 pm

Ahh the "sauna effect" is still working for you. I remember your post almost a year ago with this technique and I wanted to try it then. Then I got busy with another experiment and forgot. This just tweaked my to-do list!

Aguirre

Postby Aguirre » Feb 06, 2019, 11:14 am

EddyQ wrote:Ahh the "sauna effect" is still working for you. I remember your post almost a year ago with this technique and I wanted to try it then. Then I got busy with another experiment and forgot. This just tweaked my to-do list!

Cool!

Let me know your thoughts about it when you try!

pcofftenyo

Postby pcofftenyo » Feb 06, 2019, 11:42 am

Do you use the Huky burner?

Aguirre

Postby Aguirre » replying to pcofftenyo » Feb 06, 2019, 12:00 pm

vmpull

Postby vmpull » Feb 12, 2019, 3:44 pm

I just bought some of the same beans that should be coming my way soon. However I only have the Hopttop B2K+ roaster with Artisan (Electric version).
This has a perforrated drum. Maybe it is not possible, but I am going to try and simulate your "sauna" profile and see what I get.

Chert
Supporter ♡

Postby Chert » Feb 23, 2019, 9:12 pm

Aguirre wrote:Super excited about this roast.

Here's my go the Aguirre way.

How's yours tasting?

The beans are hard and brittle with this profile. Sweetness in the bean crunch. Now patience.

marista

Postby marista » Feb 25, 2019, 10:33 am

thought i would chime in with my profile of this bean, i'm getting great aromatics, lots of florals and a sweet apple acidity coming through from this batch. made me smile when i had my first cup of this batch!

Aguirre

Postby Aguirre » Feb 26, 2019, 1:09 pm

Chert wrote:Here's my go the Aguirre way.
<image>

How's yours tasting?

The beans are hard and brittle with this profile. Sweetness in the bean crunch. Now patience.

I have to give the descriptors when I'm actually drinking it, but what I can tell you is that I like it so much that I've even frozen some so I can have it only in special occasions.

That is a coffee to remember

Chert
Supporter ♡

Postby Chert » Feb 26, 2019, 1:22 pm

Your delta BT curve goes concave during development and mine takes a convex downward drop. I look forward to tasting it and may tweak my profile to try to mirror your profile more. (maybe I should keep artisan running for 1/2 minute beyond drop for accuracy of delta BT?)

Will you just try to match the success of your sweet spot roast in subsequent batches?