Electric Behmor 1KG roaster

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
vmpull

#1: Post by vmpull » Jun 08, 2019, 7:49 pm

While looking to upgrade to Artisan 2.0, https://artisan-roasterscope.blogspot.c ... isan-2.htm l noticed they have added support for Electric Behmor 1kg roaster. https://behmor.com/jake-kilo-roaster
Their FB pages lists their price at $2395. There is discussion on Reddit. Unfortunately it is not available yet. There is only 1 video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTJwwM0B_Ss that I could find.

Anyone have any more information?

voozy

#2: Post by voozy » Jun 11, 2019, 2:09 am

vmpull wrote: [url] $2395. ... Anyone have any more information?
Geez, at that price you could get a Bullet which is very well regarded. The thread title had me going for a minute because I was excited by the idea of a bigger Behmor 1600 at a not much higher price. But at $2400 I'd probably sit out and wait to the early adopters to find the bugs.
Everyone drinks Voozy.

vmpull

#3: Post by vmpull » Jun 11, 2019, 10:56 am

You are correct in that Bullet is definitely an option for a few $100 more. It is good to have competition. I have been researching electric 1 KG options. Most of them are overseas, they are way more expensive and very heavy and space consuming.

I actually bought a bullet last year and must be sheer bad luck as I must have ended up with a lemon so had to return it. My biggest frustration is that I could barely get any help given the 16 hour time difference via email.

I buy a lot of early adopter products, but my formula has always been to have local support I can count on and so far I have been successful, the early products have always been well supported. I took a gamble on the Bullet and it did not work for me.
I am hoping that this new product will have good support since it is a US company so I am willing to at least consider it.

MaKoMo

#4: Post by MaKoMo » Jul 04, 2019, 10:55 am

A new trailer of this machine was just released

maccompatible

#5: Post by maccompatible » Jul 05, 2019, 9:12 pm

MaKoMo wrote:A new trailer of this machine was just released
Nothing about release date :(
"Wait. People drink coffee just for the caffeine??"
LMWDP #628

sweaner
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by sweaner » Jul 06, 2019, 9:55 am

I saw it in Boston. Beautiful machine, is certainly totally different than the original roaster.

I think I recall Joe stating that he was hoping for a release later this year.
Scott
LMWDP #248

www.coffeefreek.com

maccompatible

#7: Post by maccompatible » Jul 06, 2019, 11:08 am

sweaner wrote:I think I recall Joe stating that he was hoping for a release later this year.
I hope so! *begins aggressively saving money*
"Wait. People drink coffee just for the caffeine??"
LMWDP #628

crunchybean

#8: Post by crunchybean » Jul 06, 2019, 3:44 pm

I'm looking forward to the review/comparisons.

kwantfm

#9: Post by kwantfm » Jul 06, 2019, 5:23 pm

If it delivers then this looks to be revolutionary. The inbuilt afterburner and use of recirculated roaster air sounds like it would be a real breakthrough given that this is electric. I'm surprised that electric can produce enough heat for the afterburner. Will be very interested to see if this can fulfil!
LMWDP #602

Mbb

#10: Post by Mbb » Jul 07, 2019, 10:49 pm

The thing that caught my eye
Is all the tiny phillips head screws holding it together
It does not appear robust construction