Electric Behmor 1KG roaster - Page 3

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
N6GQ

#21: Post by N6GQ »

I've been checking regularly with Behmor, they say more news will be forthcoming and to be in contact with their registered retailers.

Last week I emailed a couple of them (retailers) and both replied with something to the effect of that they don't expect the roaster til after the first of the year.

I ended up ordering an Aillio instead.
LMWDP #614

MattS

#22: Post by MattS »

Roastmasters says:

The Behmor Jake 1 kilo roaster is not available for sale nor in production. The manufacturer projects availability by summmer 2020.

Guess I'll cross this one off the list.

maccompatible

#23: Post by maccompatible replying to MattS »

They specifically promised me on Twitter a launch by the end of last year. Nothing happened so I got a Quest M3 instead. I don't understand. Why make promises you know you aren't going to keep?
"Wait. People drink coffee just for the caffeine??"
LMWDP #628

ira
Team HB

#24: Post by ira »

I doubt Joe thought he couldn't keep that promise. Most likely he got stuck in certification hell. He's never come across as a huckster.

Ira

Capuchin Monk

#25: Post by Capuchin Monk »

It says, "Perfect sample roaster for shops and coffee professionals". Given the lower cost of natural gas in USA, electric heating for commercial use will be a tough sell.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#26: Post by yakster »

On the other hand, more and more cities are banning natural gas in new houses, at least here in California, citing climate change. This probably affects only home-roasters.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

wingnutsglory
Supporter ❤

#27: Post by wingnutsglory »

Has anyone seen/heard any further updates on availability beyond what's on Roastmasters:
The Behmor Jake 1 kilo roaster is not available for sale nor in production. The manufacturer projects availability by summmer 2020.

btreichel

#28: Post by btreichel »

Joe has been stuck at home like the rest of us. Makes its difficult to make progress.

mtbizzle

#29: Post by mtbizzle »

wingnutsglory wrote:Has anyone seen/heard any further updates on availability
From Joe Behm on facebook yesterday:
On a serious note, I've been on lockdown since returning from Europe March 10 and ready to get back to meetings as soon as we can. In the interim we've taken this time to roast the hell out of our prototypes and make changes we'd have assuredly made later. As much as I loathe this delay we are dedicated to making it's first use and your purchase a version we won't need to tweak again for a long time.
"All people by nature desire to know" -Aristotle

cltlarry

#30: Post by cltlarry »

mtbizzle wrote:From Joe Behm on facebook yesterday:
Joe - come on man, give us the roaster! Any updates?