Buckeye BC-1 & Artisan - Page 6

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
wayneg1

#51: Post by wayneg1 »

My observations are that you have so many variables going on with each roast. Charge temps, drop temps, etc. Can't really tell where the gas and air changes are since they aren't marked. If I were learning this roaster I would keep as many things static as possible and focus on one, maybe two, variables at time until I master them. Same bean, same charge quantity etc. I would probably set the air and leave it until around FCs then change it once for that rest of the roast. Focus on gas, RoR and fixing the Maillard and Finish. Maillard looks to me to be too short and Finish too long. Once you master one set of variables move on to the next one.

mkane (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#52: Post by mkane (original poster) »

I'll heed your observations. Outside to have at it once more.

mkane (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#53: Post by mkane (original poster) »

First 2 150g. 3rd was 120g so charge temp was lowered.

mkane (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#54: Post by mkane (original poster) »

Just one practice run today. Things to be done before vacation. Didn't touch the air.

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#55: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Confused why there are so many events marked in Artisan, but roast curve is looking more steady. A bit too flat in the middle.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

mkane (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#56: Post by mkane (original poster) »

Not sure why there's so much going on. I didn't touch damper throughout the entire roast. I'll get back on it tomorrow. Our trip in the Southwest was fantastic.

mkane (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#57: Post by mkane (original poster) »

Todays roast. Gas adjustments only. Klatch Kenya Kabingara 206g.

jammin

#58: Post by jammin »

^thats impressive how you're able to maintain such a steady incline in BT after 1C for so long. how are the shots tasting with that much development?

mkane (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#59: Post by mkane (original poster) »

Haven't cupped it, yet. Will do in the am. I'm going to stop showing damper/gas settings to get rid of some clutter.

mkane (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#60: Post by mkane (original poster) »

This was my 2nd attempt at cupping. This time I ground the beans fine enough that after breaking the crust, 99% of the grounds settled to the bottom. my grandmother used to slurp and the sound gave a chuckle. thank's Grandma. Sweet, creamy and with a hint of caramel. no sharp burnt tones this time.