Best Thermometer for Mac

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
bcoca88

#1: Post by bcoca88 »

Hey All - For some reason I can't get my Mac to talk with my Center 301thermometer. It's preventing me from being able to use Artisan, and tracking the roasts on graph paper is getting old.

Could be user error, but either way, I'm looking to switch out my thermometer. What thermometers have you all found work best with Mac and Artisan? I'm roasting on a Huky.

Thanks for the advice and insight.

Brandon

MaKoMo

#2: Post by MaKoMo »

Did you install the SiLab CP201x needed by the Center?

Advertisement
SJM

#3: Post by SJM »

You are not alone. You will note this comment on Pricing Information page of the Huky Forum(https://www.hukyforum.com/index.php?act ... a=page;p=6)

Edit 3/29/18: If you are planning on using a MAC, we do NOT recommend purchasing a Center. It might work fine, but we seem to get too many people who just can't get it to work. If you are planning on using a MAC, just buy a Phidget.

SJM

#4: Post by SJM »

Ah, Marko responded while I was looking for that old information. He is way more in touch with the current realities, so follow his lead.....

bcoca88 (original poster)

#5: Post by bcoca88 (original poster) »

MaKoMo wrote:Did you install the SiLab CP201x needed by the Center?
I did install it. Removed and installed multiple times. For whatever reason, Artisan still shows it erroring out.

MaKoMo

#6: Post by MaKoMo replying to bcoca88 »

Are you using the original serial to USB cable?

I have not many more ideas. I know this works for a number of users. I myself do not have a Center301 at hand to test. Sorry.