Artisan trouble

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
white05sox

#1: Post by white05sox »

Hi can someone explain why during a roast im using artisan and everything works, it's logging data giving me temps and time on each stage i accomplish during the roast. but after i've completed the roast i hit off button then click start for my next batch. though this time only thing popping up is the graph line. anyone have a solution for this problem i'm having???

Randy G.

#2: Post by Randy G. »

After saving the roast just completed (if you so desire), try "FILE/NEW" before beginning the next roast.
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

roastimo

#3: Post by roastimo »

white05sox wrote:Hi can someone explain why during a roast im using artisan and everything works, it's logging data giving me temps and time on each stage i accomplish during the roast. but after i've completed the roast i hit off button then click start for my next batch. though this time only thing popping up is the graph line. anyone have a solution for this problem i'm having???
I had that a number of times, even took off the Phidget to see what was wrong. I think I was running the program in another tab. Last time I clicked everything off, and there all the lines were showing. Well, that was my deal.

white05sox (original poster)

#4: Post by white05sox (original poster) »

Are you saying you press off or exit artisan completely and starting it up after for the next roast?

rgrosz

#5: Post by rgrosz replying to white05sox »

I press OFF, then save the profile. Then I exit artisan completely before starting the next roast.
LMWDP #556
Life is too short to drink bad wine - or bad coffee

SJM

#6: Post by SJM »

rgrosz wrote:I press OFF, then save the profile. Then I exit artisan completely before starting the next roast.
Why do you do this?
Isn't RESET adequate for preparing for the next roast?

rgrosz

#7: Post by rgrosz »

Susan, not sure there is a good reason, but this is my standard procedure. I use my laptop on battery power while roasting. I also hibernate or shut down after each roast, while waiting out the 20 minute cool down cycle for the HotTop.
LMWDP #556
Life is too short to drink bad wine - or bad coffee

SJM

#8: Post by SJM replying to rgrosz »

Okay, got it.....you're methodical and careful (unlike me )
For the record, I think RESET is adequate :D

JK

#9: Post by JK »

If you save the roast, you don't have to Reset..
You have to click OFF before you save or reset..

I do get a glitch not to often and my graph doesn't show when I start a new roast..
It maybe some thing I forgot to do..
I try to wait a few seconds before clicking more than one button..
-----------------------------
I'm on a Mission from God!

roastimo

#10: Post by roastimo »

white05sox wrote:Are you saying you press off or exit artisan completely and starting it up after for the next roast?
I do not exit artisan when roasting back to back, nor do I press "reset". instead as JK explains above, I similarly press "off", wait, save the file, press "start", wait, and then continue under "roast" heading to "background" "load" and so on. At points it pays to wait: even when loading the new background there is a delay and the new one may remain hidden, but clicking the cursor onto the background will cause the hidden entity to show, while at the same time the old load menu vanishes. These delays are seconds, not minutes.