Artisan on a 800x480 touch screen?

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
greencardigan

#1: Post by greencardigan »

Hi,

I might try running Artisan on a Rasberry Pi and am trying to decide what touhcscreen to get.

Does anyone know if Artisan would be usable on the official Rasberry Pi 7" 800x480 resolution touchscreen? There are higher resolution screens out there but they start getting a bit pricey.

Any recommendations for other reasonably priced screens also welcomed.

Thanks.

MaKoMo

#2: Post by MaKoMo »

Brad,

it runs on the 7" official touchpad and the Artisan team tries to keep the essential dialogs in a layout to fit that screen as minimal requirement. However, screen estate is tight on the 7". You want to run Artisan in Full Screen mode on that screen, hide sliders and buttons if not needed, and potentially use the zoom follow feature. The nice thing is that the whole device (incl. the RPi) is so small and you do not need a laptop anymore. You can configure the RPi to store the profiles on DropBox and then do post processing of those on your laptop later.

Advertisement
Almico

#3: Post by Almico »

Can I run Artisan on a 10" Raspberry Pi touchscreen with a Phidget 1048?

MaKoMo

#4: Post by MaKoMo replying to Almico »

yes

Almico

#5: Post by Almico replying to MaKoMo »

Yay!

Another question: Are the events permanently tied to the x-axis values? When I have my X limits set to 50-450 I get this:

If I want them set from 150-450 the events get buried and I get this?

Is there a layman's way of getting the events to display with a 150-450 temp range?

baldheadracing
Team HB

#6: Post by baldheadracing »

<deleted, irrelevant>
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#7: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Alan,

On Events>Config, right side where there is a check box Snap - is that unchecked?
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

Advertisement
Almico

#8: Post by Almico replying to CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Unchecked

MaKoMo

#9: Post by MaKoMo »

Almico wrote:Yay!

Another question: Are the events permanently tied to the x-axis values? When I have my X limits set to 50-450 I get this:

Is there a layman's way of getting the events to display with a 150-450 temp range?
Well, a little off topic ...

Events have by default their own axis which are only indicated by those horizontal bars below the first phase mark. If you move the lower limit of the first phase up (within the Phases dialog), those bars will follow. However, there is also an option to have the events aligned by value to the y-axis if the flag "Snap" is ticked in the Events dialog.

Almico

#10: Post by Almico replying to MaKoMo »

Sorry for the OT. Moderators please move if desired.

But the Snap worked!