Artisan on a 800x480 touch screen? - Page 2

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
AlexGS

#11: Post by AlexGS »

MaKoMo wrote:...However, there is also an option to have the events aligned by value to the y-axis if the flag "Snap" is ticked in the Events dialog.
Marko,

If I use the "Snap"option as Almico does above, all is great on the profile but only until I try to load it as a background profile: then all event get smacked against of 100 wall...
I wonder, if there is a version of the "Snap" option that has similar effect for the background profile?

Thank you!

greencardigan (original poster)

#12: Post by greencardigan (original poster) »

Thanks Marko. I think I'll try to find a higher resolution screen before I get the official 7". There's a 10" 1024x600 which may be ok.

Advertisement
MaKoMo

#13: Post by MaKoMo »

AlexGS wrote:Marko,

If I use the "Snap"option as Almico does above, all is great on the profile but only until I try to load it as a background profile: then all event get smacked against of 100 wall...
I wonder, if there is a version of the "Snap" option that has similar effect for the background profile?

Thank you!
This is a bug. I just reported it: https://github.com/artisan-roaster-scope/artisan/issues/296

Almico

#14: Post by Almico »

Back on topic: I would really like to drop the laptop and use the Raspberry to monitor my roaster with Artisan. I'd prefer to use the official 7" touchscreen.

If I shrink my Artisan screen to where it is physically 7" x 4" on my 13" MacBook Air screen, will this give me a fair representation of how it will look on the 7" RPi?

Actually, more like this when the roast was running:

MaKoMo

#15: Post by MaKoMo »

yes

Almico

#16: Post by Almico replying to MaKoMo »

Sweet.

Better without the mini editor:

Almico

#17: Post by Almico »

More Qs: Does Raspberry P1 have an onscreen keyboard incorporated? I'm trying to think of what I'll by miss canning the laptop. Can I print to a WiFi printer? Save to the Cloud?

Advertisement
MaKoMo

#18: Post by MaKoMo replying to Almico »

I am not an RPi expert nor a regular user. Printing on Linux can be problematic. Saving to DropBox is possible, but there is no ready made click-installer or something like this. You need to write your own scripts. It is Linux after all, not Mac OS X. There are examples on the net. There are onscreen keyboard packages available. I never used one so I do not know how well they work.

Almico

#19: Post by Almico replying to MaKoMo »

Copy that. I'm just thinking about adding some details into Roast Properties before the roast.

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#20: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Almico wrote:Sweet.

Better without the mini editor:

<image>
If you are only recording gas, you might try a slider instead of the buttons. Lose a small amount horizontally but gain vertically.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart