Artisan not loading on Windows 10 Surface Go

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Almico
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by Almico » Oct 04, 2019, 9:53 am

All of a sudden I cannot start Artisan on my Surface Go. It lights up in task manager, then goes away. Nothing opens on the screen. I hate Windows.

Yes, I rebooted my computer.
Yes, I reinstalled Artisan.

OldNuc

#2: Post by OldNuc » Oct 04, 2019, 9:55 am

See if you can start it from the w-10 command line window so you see why it crashed. I don't do windows so I have no idea what they call the command line window officially.

Almico
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by Almico » Oct 04, 2019, 10:00 am

It doesn't tell me why it crashed. I get the little spinning bagel, then nothing.

Rush

#4: Post by Rush » Oct 04, 2019, 10:11 am

You could try uninstalling, restarting, and installing again.

Almico
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by Almico » replying to Rush » Oct 04, 2019, 10:34 am

Did that.

I'm resetting the Surface Go to factory. This is why I hate windows. I need to go onto another device and access a recovery key. There were a few more digits I erased in case it's a bad thing to publish a security key

Rush

#6: Post by Rush » Oct 04, 2019, 10:52 am

Oh no, I'm sorry you are having to deal with this. Seems strange that you would have to start over altogether, but surely this fixes the issue without a doubt.

Almico
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by Almico » Oct 04, 2019, 12:44 pm

It fixed it. The reset is not that big a deal. I don't have anything else on that computer except Artisan. I think I might just have to redownload acrobat reader. And why does Windows 10 not include a pdf reader again?

Almico
Supporter ♡

#8: Post by Almico » Oct 05, 2019, 7:02 pm

Not working again. It worked fine yesterday on the Surface Go. I came out tonight to roast and Artisan opened, but I wasn't getting any readings. I plugged the phidget into my mac and it worked fine, so the problem is with Windows (shocking, I know).

I reinstalled Artisan again and now it's back where it was before, not opening at all. I tried to start it with task manage open and I see Artisan show up then it says "suspended" and it closes.

Rush

#9: Post by Rush » Oct 05, 2019, 7:23 pm

I'm starting to wonder if it's hardware. Maybe USB or memory?

max

#10: Post by max » Oct 05, 2019, 7:34 pm

Almico wrote:so the problem is with Windows (shocking, I know).
How do you rule out Artisan and Phidgets drivers???