Artisan>Mastech>Windows 10 Driver Problem

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Nunas
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by Nunas »

I have Artisan running through a Mastech MS6514, which I believe is similar to or identical to the Amprobe TMD-56 and the Omega HH806AU. When I ran Windows 8.1 everything was fine. Since upgrading to Win 10, it does not work. When looking at device manager I seem to be missing a driver; searching for it using Windows results in no driver found. I don't remember receiving a driver with the Mastech, no do I recall having to install one for Win 8.1 (but my old brain may not accurately recall). Help!

Maurice

Nunas (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by Nunas (original poster) »

Fixed it! Even though Win 10 reported that all my software would work, Artisan did not and had to be reloaded. But it would not run. Reinstalling it did not help. Apparently, this is because the software that came on a little disk with the digital thermometer ceased to work too. Putting that little disk in and reinstalling the software did not work either, however. This was all due to a driver problem, as I suspected. The UART in the Mastech is a Silicon Labs CP210x series. On their web site I found drivers for Win 8 which I was able to install on Win 10. But Artisan still refused to budge. Then I discovered that reinstalling the driver had changed the port from Com4 to Com3. Once I made that change in Artisan away it went. Dang I felt helpless this morning roasting without Artisan!

Maurice

MaKoMo

#3: Post by MaKoMo »

Excellent that you could resolve this and that you did report on your success here. Thanks!

day

#4: Post by day »

Nunas wrote:I have Artisan running through a Mastech MS6514, which I believe is similar to or identical to the Amprobe TMD-56 and the Omega HH806AU. When I ran Windows 8.1 everything was fine. Since upgrading to Win 10, it does not work. When looking at device manager I seem to be missing a driver; searching for it using Windows results in no driver found. I don't remember receiving a driver with the Mastech, no do I recall having to install one for Win 8.1 (but my old brain may not accurately recall). Help!

Maurice
EDIT: Unit is DOA....i am terribly upset....dang it...really wanted to start gathering proper data to improve my sr700 roasts :x
Dont buy from Gearbest....I ended up havng to contact paypal and start a dispute. Not sure if the issues is the mastech or not. Passed up the awesome deal for 2 amprobes for 100 earlier while waitig for this.

Original:
Sorry to revitalize this old post. Turns out the disc didnt work for me even though it was new. Thanks Nunas, you saved me some time figuring out what was wrong with artisan though. Picked ths guy up for 44 bucks which seems a solid deal for such a nice thermometer!

ths driver did the trick for me http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm
Yes, i you per this on an iPhone

zul

#5: Post by zul »

Dear all,
I am new to this forum.
I have a Mastech MS6514 and I am trying to run it with Artisan.
The problem is that Artisan does not recognize the thermometer.
Although I entered Com 3 that works fine with the primitive original software, Artisan does not recognise the thermometer.
Will anybody here will kindly indicate what information has to be entered into the Artisan in order to work with the Mastech MS6514 ?
By the way, I indicated Com 3 in any relevant Artisan dialog box.
I will appreciate if you halp me with this issue.
Thanks,
Lahav

Nunas (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by Nunas (original poster) »

Config>Device>ET/BT tab>tick meter and choose the Mastech

Also, you must hold the PC link button (SETUP) on the meter until the link icon illuminates or the PC will not see the meter.

Finally, there is no magic in choosing COM3. You have to choose the com port that your PC auto-assigned to the Mastech. You can find this in device manager.