Artisan is logging burner events automatically

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Crisp

#1: Post by Crisp »

With only having used Artisan for a few months now, I'm still rather new to the program. After roasting a few washed coffees using buttons to record burner changes/events, I've noticed the program will now automatically mark burner events for me. At first it was handy, but now that I'm making changes and roasting Naturals, it's rather annoying and extremely incorrect! I can't seem to figure out how to make it stop auto-logging burner changes. For example, I put my burner on 5.5 for a natural at turning point, but because of a washed Ethiopia I have roasted countless times, it will mark my burner at 6.5 at the exact same time. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm sure I just have something on the wrong setting. I just don't know where. Any tips would be really helpful. Thanks!

**Edited some typos; 5.5 to 6.5

MaKoMo

#2: Post by MaKoMo »

You might have "Playback Events" under menu Roast >> Background ticked. This mechanism is most useful if you have defined event sliders with actions attached that are fired automatically to control your burner and thus duplicate what you did in the previous roast.

Crisp (original poster)

#3: Post by Crisp (original poster) replying to MaKoMo »

I noticed the events box was checked. Is this what you were referring to?

MaKoMo

#4: Post by MaKoMo »

No, this flag is only deciding if events of profiles loaded in the background should be drawn or not. I was talking about the flag named "Playback Events" that is not ticked in your screen shot.

Crisp (original poster)

#5: Post by Crisp (original poster) replying to MaKoMo »

I see. Yeah I guess that's not it then. Shoot was really hoping it was haha thanks though I appreciate it!

MaKoMo

#6: Post by MaKoMo »

You might have some alarms configured...

Crisp (original poster)

#7: Post by Crisp (original poster) replying to MaKoMo »

I think this was it... I don't recall ever messing with alarms so I'm a bit puzzled how that happened.. Hopefully it works! Thank you!