Artisan Getting Started Guide - Collaboration Welcome - Page 3

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Madman13

#21: Post by Madman13 »

MaKoMo wrote:Like this?

<image>
Hi Marko,
How do we get the events to display like this?

MaKoMo

#22: Post by MaKoMo replying to Madman13 »

By waiting for the next version and by donating to ensure that there will be a next version released at all.

Thanks,
Marko

Madman13

#23: Post by Madman13 replying to MaKoMo »

Check on the second part already (although I'm not opposed to donating again for this valuable software).. So I guess that leaves the waiting part

CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster)

#24: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster) »

For those that haven't I really encourage you to contribute something to Marko's effort. There is a link in my Getting Started Guide (see my sig) and on the Github page.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

MaKoMo

#25: Post by MaKoMo »

CarefreeBuzzBuzz wrote:Thank you for the follow up Marko,

Hmmm hadn't thought of them on the BT line. I was thinking of them on the plot graph in the circles and squares limited to 4 letters/numbers, but I think this can work too, or a choice of which one.

I also wonder about why the choice has to be the first letter of the Type and the Value (I think that is how it is working). Why not allow the label (again probably need a limit of 4 letters/numbers) as your presentation looks very good below?
Like this?

#26: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster) »

MaKoMo wrote:Like this?
Yes and if you can give the option I mention on what the four letters/numbers are - Use of label chosen by user limited to 4 or 5 characters. To me this gives both the visual feedback of the change and the value. This is great.
Artisan.Plus User-

MaKoMo

#27: Post by MaKoMo replying to CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

This is already in there. You can switch between displaying the values as above, or displaying the first 1-20 characters of the event description. "Untyped" events are always rendered using their description in yellow as you see in case of the "Sample" event above.

The previous variant, splitting values and "curve" is also available as option.

If there is still a variant missing you have to get you a pen and draw that yourself;)

#28: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster) replying to MaKoMo »

A pen what an invention. I am speaking of the Events marked with Buttons not with the Mini Editor. Can you use the Description of the Button tab on the graph? I don't see an option for that on the Events Config tab or Button tab? Also I just realized that for a Slider there really is no description so the use the type and value would be the default I suppose.
Artisan.Plus User-

SJM

#29: Post by SJM »

CarefreeBuzzBuzz wrote:A pen what an invention.
Heck, you can even get a Smart Pen now :shock:
http://www.livescribe.com/en-us/smartpen/

MaKoMo

#30: Post by MaKoMo »

CarefreeBuzzBuzz wrote:I am speaking of the Events marked with Buttons not with the Mini Editor. Can you use the Description of the Button tab on the graph? I don't see an option for that on the Events Config tab or Button tab?
Yes. There is a new option (to be released) to render those descriptions (if available) instead of the automatic generated value/type labels.
CarefreeBuzzBuzz wrote:Also I just realized that for a Slider there really is no description so the use the type and value would be the default I suppose.
Yes, I thought about this for a moment, but to me it does not make sense to add descriptions (that generate labels) to sliders. Sliders are good to add values quickly and this is what the corresponding event labels should display and not a static ever repeating label.

This is different to buttons. There you might have a button named "Sample" that would be "untyped" (so not be associated to any of those four custom types) and used to add a mark (labeled by its description "Sample") to indicate the moment you took a sample. Just realised that custom buttons of this "empty" event type do not generate events at all. Note that they are still useful to turn your drum motor on or off. I added another event type for buttons that do create "untyped" events and thus allow you to define such buttons that just add a mark/label.

Thanks for all your suggestions!