Artisan Fuji PXR4 configuration

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
stlmechben

Postby stlmechben » Feb 10, 2019, 4:47 pm

My roaster has 2 Fuji PXR-4 controllers. One measures the drum temp (BT) and the other one the environment temp (ET).

I am able to set these in the configuration, but when it displays on screen the ET and BT are backwards. On the controller(s) display, the temp reads correct, but not in Artisan. I have tried to toggle the ET/BT option, but sometimes it switches to the correct state briefly then reverts back to the wrong reading, or it does not switch at all. I have had it reverse itself mid-roast for some reason.

The controllers themselves are not locked and can receive outside communication as far as I know. However messing with PID or Ramp/Soak values seem to generate an error.

Cant seem to find much on Artisan/PXR-4 setup.

I have Artisan installed on a Linux (Debian) laptop.

Any thoughts?

wayneg1

Postby wayneg1 » Feb 11, 2019, 10:47 am

I have these same controls in my Phoenix Oro 4 and they were new to Artisan so I had to wait for an update to get them to work. As an experiment, you might want to try the preconfigured device settings for the Phoenix Oro since it is already programmed for these controls. No guarantees but it might work.

EvergreenBuzzBuzz

Postby EvergreenBuzzBuzz » Feb 11, 2019, 11:14 am

I don't have this device but in Config>Devices the connections are correct to BT and ET? I would try also the auto setup. Let us know.
EvergreenBuzzBuzz
___
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

stlmechben

Postby stlmechben » Feb 11, 2019, 5:02 pm

If I go into Devices and select PID, I can change the ET and BT id. This will change it to display correct , but the PID SV is now wrong and reading from the ET controller.

If I go to Roast -> Switch ET <--> BT . Nothing happens and generates an error.

1 08:47:59.051 pid.readoneword(): 5 RX bytes received (7 needed) for unit ID=2

Thought it might be linux so I tried WIn10 on same machine. Same results, same error.

MaKoMo

Postby MaKoMo » Feb 11, 2019, 5:45 pm

tick "ET <-> BT" under menu Config >> Curves, 2nd tab "Filters" instead

stlmechben

Postby stlmechben » Feb 11, 2019, 6:36 pm

Clearly im a newbie to Artisan. That worked perfectly!