Artisan Designer First Try

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
SJM

#1: Post by SJM »

This is my first attempt to create a Design in Artisan.
Can anyone guess or does anyone know why ET resembles and overcharged yoyo???
The profile itself is irrelevant at this point....I'm just trying to figure out HOW to do it....so far :?

Oops. I can't delete this, so I'll add the image after I fix something I really can't have up there attributed to me.... :oops:
Okay, it's worse than I thought, but my first question still stands: maybe if I figure that out the rest will make more sense too....
Why does ET go through the roof and then through the floor over and over ??

SJM (original poster)

#2: Post by SJM (original poster) »

Okay, okay, talkin' to myself here, but this looks better....at least ET is staying in the frame...

Seems you really need to start WITH a profile instead of creating one from scratch?
Anyway, that worked for me.

drgary
Team HB

#3: Post by drgary »

Hi Susan,

I don't know if I have much to add, but I am watching this with interest, because I may start using profiles in the background. I'm a bit baffled as to how/why Designer shifts data points of one curve versus another, such as changing ET shifts BT. I can see the advantage of starting with a profile and would love it if I could adjust ROR to change a data point. Otherwise I'm thinking of only showing BT in Designer, loaded in the background, and trying to use the manual controls on my roaster to achieve that. This would allow doing a similar profile with different batch sizes, adjusting the roast in small ways to try and optimize flavor, etc.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

SJM (original poster)

#4: Post by SJM (original poster) »

Interesting. I was wondering if there was any way to add MET, but maybe I should be thinking simpler instead of even more complicated.
I think I'll go and try taking ET out and see what that does to my 'design'.

Edit: If you figure out how to remove ET, let me know.

MaKoMo

#5: Post by MaKoMo »

The designer uses the curves that are visual. So if you remove the tick for the ET curve (menu Config >> Device) and then start the designer the ET curve is gone. You might want to activate it again after preparing your background with the designer later on for your normal roasts.

MaKoMo

#6: Post by MaKoMo replying to MaKoMo »

Ah, same goes for the two RoR curves. They can be deactivated/activated under Tools >> Extras, Graph tab.

SJM (original poster)

#7: Post by SJM (original poster) »

Brilliant. Thank you Marko. I'm back in business :-))))