Artisan beta roasting software available - Page 3

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
Whale

#21: Post by Whale »

By the way would you rather get feedback by PM, e-mail or posts?

Being completely inept and programming challenged :mrgreen: makes me a good software glitch finder. If a software is made fool proof from me it usually is fool proof to everyone. :wink:
LMWDP #330

Be thankful for the small mercies in life.

MaKoMo

#22: Post by MaKoMo »

There is an issue tracker at

<http://code.google.com/p/artisan/issues/list>

Everyone can add issues there. Using this makes it easy to track issues (for you and us).

M.

benm5678

#23: Post by benm5678 »

I noticed it too on my hh506ra, sometimes the display will have dashes, and when my logger software reads it, it gets a very high #. Sometimes, I think it happens also with no visible problem on the logger display.

To help eliminate this, I changed the logging tool I use to ignore unrealistic numbers outside the graph range, and try again... eventually after a few tries, it will display it (it's set to sample every 1 sec, so don't lose that much if it skips a few reads). This made the graphed data clean again. It's probably something on the hh506ra end...

MaKoMo

#24: Post by MaKoMo »

Yes I observed that too on my HH506RA in connection with artisan (I guess this behavior is due to the combination of the optical connection with a serial protocol used without soft/hardware flow control). We will "enhance" the next version of artisan such that those outliners are ignored and you get smooth graphs.

M.

OkcEspresso

#25: Post by OkcEspresso »

Any chance you will be adding support for the Omega HH802U ?

Carneiro

#26: Post by Carneiro »

I got some weird readings from the Arduino running the Artisan software while the serial monitor from Arduino software was running - the serial port was open by other software. Even after I closed the monitor I had the problem.

Do you think you could have the serial port open and not closed by some software, and then the driver could be messing some buffer?

Rafael, I've done some code for the Arduino + TC4 shield to reply to any byte sent on the serial line. But Arduino resets after the serial is opened (it's possible to workaround this but it's a little bit messy). So I changed the Artisan just for testing opening the port right when the software starts and not closing it. I should think about it - maybe open the port the first time the ArduinoTC4temperature function run and keep it open.

Do you have any plan on making the software more modular?

Márcio.

Arpi (original poster)

#27: Post by Arpi (original poster) »

OkcEspresso wrote:Any chance you will be adding support for the Omega HH802U ?
It looks the same as the HH806 and it may work already (don't know). The Omega software has the same product number as the HH806.

Cheers

PS: I would also consider the CENTER309 (has 9V power adapter, 4 thermocouples, good price, nice build quality, better manual and software), as it appears that people are reporting trouble with the Omegas.

Arpi (original poster)

#28: Post by Arpi (original poster) »

Carneiro wrote: Do you think you could have the serial port open and not closed by some software, and then the driver could be messing some buffer?

Do you have any plan on making the software more modular?

Márcio.
To make the arduino run with artisan you would need to spawn a thread, you could use a buffer or a signal. See QThread.

Cheers

OkcEspresso

#29: Post by OkcEspresso »

Arpi wrote:It looks the same as the HH806 and it may work already (don't know). The Omega software has the same product number as the HH806.

Cheers

PS: I would also consider the CENTER309 (has 9V power adapter, 4 thermocouples, good price, nice build quality, better manual and software), as it appears that people are reporting trouble with the Omegas.
We own it so I'll give it a shot and report back.

OkcEspresso

#30: Post by OkcEspresso »

Yep, that worked.

So it probably works for the whole 800 series. Anyone else have another model?