Artisan 2 released

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
MaKoMo

#1: Post by MaKoMo »

We just released Artisan 2!

Thanks to all supporters, contributors and users for their input,
The artisan team
★ Helpful

DEG

#2: Post by DEG »

No MAC version yet?

Advertisement
MaKoMo (original poster)

#3: Post by MaKoMo (original poster) »

Upps a daemon was pulling the release. Now all should be back. Sorry.

drgary
Team HB

#4: Post by drgary »

Marko:

Congratulations on Artisan 2.0! The notes suggest that we export "a working setup and keep it saved to be able to track back in case changes do not work out as expected." How do you recommend exporting those settings for different computer platforms? I will do this on a Mac running OS 10.14.5.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

MaKoMo (original poster)

#5: Post by MaKoMo (original poster) replying to drgary »

Under menu Help you find "Save Settings" and also "Load Settings". Settings are compatible between platforms.

Peppersass

#6: Post by Peppersass »

Where are the new locations for saved settings for MacOSX and Windows?

MaKoMo (original poster)

#7: Post by MaKoMo (original poster) replying to Peppersass »

On Windows the settings are still saved in the registry and on Mac OS X under
~/Library/Application Support
. Just the app domain changed from the no longer existing
googlecode
one to
artisan-scope.org
★ Helpful

Advertisement
Peppersass

#8: Post by Peppersass »

Thanks, Marko.

Iv'e been somewhat confused about where Artisan loads its parameters at startup. I thought the last settings file I Saved was used, but clearly that's not correct.

Is it the case that Artisan saves the current parameters to the file in Application Support or the Windows registry before exiting, and loads the settings from those locations when starting, and that the Save/Load commands are only for exporting/importing settings?

zeece

#9: Post by zeece »

Peppersass wrote:Is it the case that Artisan saves the current parameters to the file in Application Support or the Windows registry before exiting, and loads the settings from those locations when starting, and that the Save/Load commands are only for exporting/importing settings?
That is correct and well said!

Note that Help>Save/Load Settings will write and read files that can be stored anywhere you choose. These "aset" files are compatible across artisan versions and OS platforms.

On Windows the registry location used to store settings changed with v2.0. The settings are now under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Artisan-Scope. In previous versions they were stored under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\YourQuest.

All this should be transparent when you upgrade to v2.0. The very first time you start artisan v2.0 your last used settings are automatically copied to the new location.
★ Helpful

PapasCup

#10: Post by PapasCup »

The installation of Artisan 2 went well for me and I look forward to roasting with it soon.

Just an fyi on the new Artisan+ (Inventory) website. The registration process appears to be broken. It works just fine all the way up to clicking on the confirmation email that gets sent. But when you try to Login for the first time you get a banner statement that says "your account is not activated". I know that it has my UserID in the system because it will refuse another registration attempt saying "that User already exists". Hope they get that fixed soon and it should be a great tool from what I've read about it.