Artisan 2.4 Released - will change the way you roast! - Page 3

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
marcism

#21: Post by marcism »

mtbizzle wrote:Interests: Hiking :lol:

Home roasting definitely makes sense in that context... Homesteadin'!!

Thanks BuzzBuzz et al for the time put into the software... I'm working on a goofy arduino, PID control popper... Look forward to using the software
In your Arduino popper quest make sure you check out my thread here called "Inconsistent Power Scaling" or something to that effect. It has completely changed my popper for the better and HB user ira solved a massive issue with the online guides for PID popper roasters.

MaKoMo

#22: Post by MaKoMo »

Uldall wrote:If I update to the newest version, will I be able to connect my Diedrich roaster again just as easy ??
back in the day it was just a couple of kliks with the mouse..??

Think im running 1.8 or something ...

Im keen to try the newest version :)

/Uldall
As always, all settings are preserved on updates an also downgrades of Artisan. But there was never a version 1.8. Last 1.x version was 1.6.2 released 3/2019.

Uldall

#23: Post by Uldall »

@Makomo. Thanks, will update then :)

Love the easy of Artisan thanks for the best freeware roasting software..

/Uldall
Bassethound.
Coffee Driven.

MaKoMo

#24: Post by MaKoMo replying to Uldall »

Well, it is donation-ware...

CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster)

#25: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster) »

Uldall wrote:If I update to the newest version, will I be able to connect my Diedrich roaster again just as easy ??
back in the day it was just a couple of kliks with the mouse..??

Think im running 1.8 or something ...

Im keen to try the newest version :)

/Uldall
Diedrich is a supported machine and there is a setup for the new and old machines. You go to Config>Machines>Diedrich and choose.

Make sure you save your settings under your current configuration under Help>Save Settings.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

mtbizzle

#26: Post by mtbizzle »

marcism wrote:In your Arduino popper quest make sure you check out my thread here called "Inconsistent Power Scaling" or something to that effect. It has completely changed my popper for the better and HB user ira solved a massive issue with the online guides for PID popper roasters.
Noted! Thank you! I'm no coder so that element of the thread is over my head, but I can get the basic idea. I will be following this guide - https://www.instructables.com/id/Arduin ... e-Roaster/. I'm not sure if either of the PID sketches listed in that guide exhibit this problem or not. Is either of those sketches by chance the one you used?
"All people by nature desire to know" -Aristotle

CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster)

#27: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster) »

All home roasters using Artisan (and Alan :D ):

I have updated the first post with links to the blog articles that go with the new features as well as one on all the options for displaying development time ratio in Artisan. Please read these to become familiar with the new features. I can't imagine anyone not wanting to dive into the new Autosave options and Event Annotation options. The Comparator is great for comparing the roasts of the same bean.

Many of these features are not available in other roasting software.

Feedback is always welcome, and if you are using this regularly please send Marko a donation.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart