Aillio Bullet R1 professional review?

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.
bmralex

#1: Post by bmralex »

Hi,
There are many discussions in this and other forums, including Facebook groups, about aillio bullet r1 roaster. However, I was unable to find any unbiased professional review of this machine, written by someone who has substantial roasting experience and is able to compare the results with the other professional roasters. If such reviews exist, I would appreciate if you can provide the references. Thanks

pngboy

#2: Post by pngboy »

That would be nice to read.

coffeenomad

#3: Post by coffeenomad »

+1 for this. I've been considering the R1 but just don't feel confident enough in it to take the plunge.

renatoa

#4: Post by renatoa »

Professional reviews are by definition not to be trusted because the reviewer was been paid to write them...

"professional
engaged in a specified activity as one's main paid occupation rather than as an amateur."

slickrock

#5: Post by slickrock »

Anyone out the in the Bay Area with an R1? I'd be willing do a side-by-side with my classical gas drum roaster.
07/11/1991, 08/21/2017, 04/08/2024, 08/12/2045

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by FotonDrv replying to slickrock »

I hope someone takes you up on the offer because I have been asked several times what I think of that Bullet and I have never seen one!
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

wrz0170

#7: Post by wrz0170 »

slickrock wrote:Anyone out the in the Bay Area with an R1? I'd be willing do a side-by-side with my classical gas drum roaster.
Hi there. Look up Aillio Bullet FB page and join. It's a very active community and you might find someone there. Hope that helps.

William

slickrock

#8: Post by slickrock replying to wrz0170 »

Don't have nor ever had a Facebook account - badge of honor at this point. If someone can act as an intermediary, that would help.
07/11/1991, 08/21/2017, 04/08/2024, 08/12/2045

EddyQ

#9: Post by EddyQ »

While not professional, the link below has quite a bit of user feedback.

Aillio Bullet R1 - Roasting Experience
LMWDP #671

wrz0170

#10: Post by wrz0170 »

slickrock wrote:Don't have nor ever had a Facebook account - badge of honor at the point. If someone can act as an intermediary, that would help.
Good badge of honor to have! They also have a regular forum, much like HB. bulletr1.com :D