Aida Batlle Selection: Washed Coffee packaging poll - Page 3

Discuss roast levels and profiles for espresso, equipment for roasting coffee.

Loose coffee per pound at a slightly higher price or smaller pre-packaged amounts?

Poll ended at May 20th, 2020, 12:32 am

1 pound vac sealed bag at origin ( guessing 3 bags would fit in a large flat rate envelope)
24%
2 pound vac sealed bag at origin ( taking a chance that 2x2 bags might not fit well in a large flat rate envelope)
52%
loose- per pound bags, vac sealed by me, likely being able to fit more in each envelope, but I'll add $5 per order to offset materials and processing time.
4%
other- please specify in replies.
20%

Total votes: 25

TomC
Team HB

#21: Post by TomC »

No you're good Bob. I haven't replied to a single person. I have all the PM's. I'll reply individually when it comes to finalizing. I look forward to hearing what you get out of them!

bradm

#22: Post by bradm »

Been checking back to this thread for some time, thought I'd missed out. Great to hear there is still hope to get in on this. Thanks very much again for your generous effort to support this group!!! - Brad

barqy

#23: Post by barqy »

chuckcoffee wrote:Tom, I would be interested in 2-4 lbs. In Canada, so shipping is a bit costly :D But I like good coffee

I'm interested in 5 to 10lbs

Nik
Supporter ♡

#24: Post by Nik »

Thank you Tom!

I look forward to the beans and appreciate your efforts in getting them for us.

Bob
TomC wrote:No you're good Bob. I haven't replied to a single person. I have all the PM's. I'll reply individually when it comes to finalizing. I look forward to hearing what you get out of them!

TomC
Team HB

#25: Post by TomC »

So, the coffee is obviously late, unfortunately, but also unavoidable and like we'd suspect, the COVID crisis is the reason. My apologies but I don't have any control over this part.

I spoke with Aida briefly after getting the email notification from Tim Hill that the coffee was on the water. As a hobbyist, who doesn't dapple in green coffee distribution, I try and not raise a lot of questions about the process or complain, but apparently the coffee didn't leave port at the time we were initially told it would. It was vacuum sealed at origin though, so it's not just taking on age or anything.

The coffee is en route to NY, where it'll be sent to the annex. Details below.

Coffee is on the water now and set to arrive 7/16.
From then it will likely take 2-3 weeks to clear.
Then at least another week for me to move from NY to CA.

So in all likelihood- we are talking about a release mid /late August from the Annex.

littlenut

#26: Post by littlenut »

Thanks Tom. Hope your day is going well. :-)

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#27: Post by LBIespresso »

Thank you for the update!
LMWDP #580

wingnutsglory
Supporter ♡

#28: Post by wingnutsglory »

Thanks much!!