Zhang Ultra Grinder

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
zero610

#1: Post by zero610 »

Anyone know if Zhang is still producing the basic Ultra in China?

...split from LeverCraft Ultra Grinder by moderator...

frankqxq

#2: Post by frankqxq »

Yes Zhang is still producing Ultra. He opened pre-order again a few weeks ago after closing for over 5-6 months due to high demand. I think the book is closed again as the queue has gotten to 2Q2023 or something... Very popular grinder in China, domestic demand is already overwhelming...I doubt he will make 110v anytime soon. Better luck buying P100

Very stand-up guy and customer service as well, my grinder one time stayed on for too long and I can tell something was off from the much louder noise it was making.. Sent it back and he fixed it super quick. Right now at most of the <2000 rpm the grinder is quiet as usual besides 900 rpm and 1800 rpm, maybe due to gear switch, I am not exactly sure why.

He is also creating a Mini Ultra model with either Forte BG burr set (sold out already) or SSP 64mm burr set, one-man shop not sure how long that will be.

Advertisement
coffeeOnTheBrain

#3: Post by coffeeOnTheBrain replying to frankqxq »

Interesting! Is there a page or something to order or is it all still via email like in the early days?

I saw pictures of the 64mm grinder, is there more then the few pictures on Insta and the 2 videos on YouTube?

frankqxq

#4: Post by frankqxq »

I don't know how Zhang communicates internationally, but he usually replies to people's WeChat messages. His ssp 64mm grinder is not in production yet, and the first batch of BG 54mm burr mini ultra is very scarce, probably less than 15 units in existence as of now...And impossible to get either right now, 54mm is sold out and 64mm is not pre-orderable atm.

zero610 (original poster)

#5: Post by zero610 (original poster) »

YouTube videos? Link?

coffeeOnTheBrain

#6: Post by coffeeOnTheBrain replying to zero610 »

zero610 (original poster)

#7: Post by zero610 (original poster) »

Thanks!

Advertisement
coffeeOnTheBrain

#8: Post by coffeeOnTheBrain »

frankqxq wrote:I don't know how Zhang communicates internationally, but he usually replies to people's WeChat messages. His ssp 64mm grinder is not in production yet, and the first batch of BG 54mm burr mini ultra is very scarce, probably less than 15 units in existence as of now...And impossible to get either right now, 54mm is sold out and 64mm is not pre-orderable atm.
Thank you for the insides!

Ad-85

#9: Post by Ad-85 »

I would love a 220v ultra with a 80mm burr carrier :twisted:
LMWDB #691
LeverHeads group on Telegram

coffeeOnTheBrain

#10: Post by coffeeOnTheBrain replying to Ad-85 »

I'll take one too ;)