ZF64W - Automatic weighing grinder with zero retention and 64mm burrs

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
boren

#1: Post by boren »

According to this review of the same grinder without the auto-weighing has zero retention when used with the optional folding blower and about 0.5 gram without. Both are excellent numbers.

The flat titanium coated 64mm burrs also seem promising and videos show that the grind is clump free.

Design is quite appealing, nicer than the Sette 270Wi and its etzMAX versions, and quite similar to many Eureka grinder (maybe too similar).

One thing that's not clear is who is the maker of this grinder. It is available on various stores on the web, but normally with the brand of the store, e.g. BPlus, Feilai, Net-Espresso, Coffee-Tech, ASmart etc. I looked hard, but couldn't find any information about the maker, so that adds a question mark about long term reliability. The "Feilai" mention is on the alibaba.com product page, but this brand isn't mentioned anywhere else (e.g coffee forums), so not sure if that's trustworthy information.

Too good to be true?

Advertisement
jpt

#2: Post by jpt »

Looks very interesting. Too bad there is very little information available.

Btw, I really hope it is titanium nitride and not titanium coating. The latter would make no sense.

boren (original poster)

#3: Post by boren (original poster) »

Titanium coating doesn't seem to be a new concept for burr sets:

https://www.wholelattelove.com/products ... m-burr-set
https://clivecoffee.com/products/eureka ... nium-burrs

Edit: The second link talks about Titanium nitride. It could be the two are used interchangeably (and incorrectly).

jpt

#4: Post by jpt »

Titanium itself is not that hard, titanium nitride on the other hand is ceramic and very hard. So I'm actually sure that they mean the latter one.

bakafish

#5: Post by bakafish »

It is called Raccea RF64/RF64W in China. The manufacturer is Ningbo City Zhongyu Electric Appliance Co.,Ltd

boren (original poster)

#6: Post by boren (original poster) »

Too bad there are no reviews yet. This grinder is more interesting and more innovative than anything else in this price range.

jpt

#7: Post by jpt »

UPS just dropped me one of those. First impression is very positive, but I'll write a bit more on it once I've used it some more (in a week or two).

Advertisement
boren (original poster)

#8: Post by boren (original poster) »

@jpt - I'm looking forward to your detailed impressions. IMHO this grinder is extremely interesting, more than anything that even costs twice as much.

LindoPhotography

#9: Post by LindoPhotography »

jpt wrote:UPS just dropped me one of those. First impression is very positive, but I'll write a bit more on it once I've used it some more (in a week or two).
Did it explode? Are you ok!?

Randy G.

#10: Post by Randy G. replying to LindoPhotography »

:lol:
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done