Zerno grinder - Page 16

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
madgalaxy
Supporter ♡

#151: Post by madgalaxy »

I thought about getting an Orbit on their last drop, but already had a Zerno on order. Can't wait for my Zerno!

Joz

#152: Post by Joz »

Is anyone aware of when the next drop will be?

Missed the last drop and regretting it now!

Advertisement
retireddude

#153: Post by retireddude replying to Joz »

I don't think a specific date has been announced, but from some things I've seen mentioned on Discord the next pre-sale window will likely be later in July or August. Make sure you get your name on the Zerno email list and you'll get a heads up for the next drop.

Dr Strangelove

#154: Post by Dr Strangelove »

A Zerno "Thomas the Tank Engine" special edition may be rumored to be coming out at some point.

Well......if i get to paint one. :D

FirstMM

#155: Post by FirstMM »

Just for you...

Dr Strangelove

#156: Post by Dr Strangelove »

^^^^ ......the majesty of it !!!!!!!!!

Though now i'm thinking.......What would Doc do ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0NgKiB_DZQ

Bob_McBob

#157: Post by Bob_McBob »

I'm curious how Zerno owners who have used more high-end grinders find the grind quality and user experience. I've been using a Mahlkonig Tanzania as my brew grinder for many years, and I have it modified with the bean shaker removed and a new interlock and short hopper I modeled and printed. It works very nicely, but lately I've been moving away from having big and noisy commercial equipment in the kitchen. I nearly jumped on the Zerno last batch, but couldn't make up my mind on configuration. I'd be interested in trying it with a filter-specific burr (SSP Unimodal? Cast V2?) instead of the Tanzania, but I'm not sure whether it would be a downgrade in grind quality or if I should look into something a little more ridiculous like a P100 or Titus.
Chris

Advertisement
jfjj
Supporter ♡

#158: Post by jfjj replying to Bob_McBob »

What burrs do you have? I have the LS in my 804 and I still use my P64 w/ Mizen/MP all the time.
- Jean

Bob_McBob

#159: Post by Bob_McBob replying to jfjj »

I have the stock machined blind burrs. I use the Tanzania exclusively for filter, so it would be to replace that, with no consideration for espresso.
Chris

Jonk

#160: Post by Jonk »

Bob_McBob wrote:I have the stock machined blind burrs. I use the Tanzania exclusively for filter, so it would be to replace that, with no consideration for espresso.
Filter only, you might be happy already with the Fellow Ode. You could even buy two (with different burrsets) for less than the price of a Zerno. Although you might find that SSP's unimodal burrs are just as nice for espresso and wish you'd have a more capable platform like the Zerno for them :D (that's pretty much my current situation)
★ Helpful