Zerno grinder - Page 15

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
bobR

#141: Post by bobR »

Corgo wrote:Seems to be a generic code. 123 left from original 250 at ~50min mark after sale started. The site was completely down for a good 15 mins though.
I think they would have sold out all 250 units in an hour if the site hadn't got bombarded and slowed/prevented ordering for so long. They had way more people trying to order than they anticipated.
In the end they sold out the 250 in a few hours during the presale and cancelled the public sale.

retireddude

#142: Post by retireddude »

I grabbed one yesterday (after fighting with the website for the first 15 minutes). I'd been considering a Z1 since last year, but seeing how well it paired with the Argos at SCA, and how responsive and passionate Vel has been on Discord, I decided to put in an order. I'd be interested to see comparisons with the P64 using the same burr set. For a while now I've been very curious how much difference a pre-breaker stage makes in the cup.

LewBK

#143: Post by LewBK »

The Zerno looks interesting, but there are a lot of new grinders coming out, namely the Sculptor, Acaia Orbit and Niche Duo, that I assume the upgraders are looking at currently. So, it is not a given that each Zerno will sell out in minutes like the Monoliths have in the past. I looked at the site and there were Zernos available most of the day.

malling

#144: Post by malling replying to LewBK »

Thank god those days are nearing an end...

Corgo

#145: Post by Corgo »

bobR wrote:I think they would have sold out all 250 units in an hour if the site hadn't got bombarded and slowed/prevented ordering for so long. They had way more people trying to order than they anticipated.
In the end they sold out the 250 in a few hours during the presale and cancelled the public sale.
Doubtful as there were still availability 4 hours after sales started. Still impressive to sell out so quickly though.

jfjj
Supporter ♡

#146: Post by jfjj »

The acaia orbit almost seems out of place now lol
- Jean

p4lxrich

#147: Post by p4lxrich »

Orbit does have variable rpm tho. But have they even had orders after the initial batch ? But the zerno is by far the easiest to swap burrs and clean and redo zero pt. Once the diff feeder rate is available that would be icing on the cake for me.

Iceman2913

#148: Post by Iceman2913 »

does anyone know if the ssp mp taste profile is improved with the zerno or more of the same?

also read rumors that an 80mm grinder is in the works.

malling

#149: Post by malling replying to Iceman2913 »

Lovely if true, but that's at least like $2000-2200

Corgo

#150: Post by Corgo »

jfjj wrote:The acaia orbit almost seems out of place now lol
The only thing that could still convince me to take a look at the orbit at this point is the GBW but I single dose, so not really a benefit for me. It is also weird as GBW with the smaller hopper but I believe they are adding a larger hopper option.