Wug2 HG-1 User Experience - Page 10

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
flyguyjake

#91: Post by flyguyjake »

Have any updates been disclosed for version 3?

pcrussell50

#92: Post by pcrussell50 replying to flyguyjake »

Is version 3 going to be what is in the next run? (Presumably July shipments?)

And what kind of updates would be desired? Looking at Daniel's current videos, it's hard to imagine what one might seek in the way of an upgrade.

-Peter
LMWDP #553

Bunkmil

#93: Post by Bunkmil »

Now that this mod has been out for a while what's been your experience with the variable speed control?

Did you find any grind quality difference between slow and fast rpm?

Is slower better? I know that the Molar X uses the same burrs as the HG-1 and the motor is set to 30rpm. The Helor Stance on the other hand uses a faster speed (90 rpm I think).

Do you find that the speed has a major impact on grind quality with those Mazzer 83mm conical burrs ? Apart from the grinding time of course...

hankua
Supporter ♡

#94: Post by hankua »

I have one of the very first WUG-2 kits and a recent one from May of this year. With the original version it was a kit and took around an hour to put all the parts together. The recent WUG-2 is not a kit, it's is a completed motor accessory unit. The end user only has to unbolt the HG-1 base and flywheel, then bolt it back on the WUG-2 and tighten up the coupler. My opinion, it's not necessary to replace the bottom bolts, just clean them up if necessary and coat the threads with some lube or anti-seize. I'm a big fan of Superlube as it's food grade (non-contact), clear and easy to clean up.

wug2grinder

#95: Post by wug2grinder »

flyguyjake wrote:Have any updates been disclosed for version 3?
FYI

Screen and speed knob moved to base, height significantly reduced to below 40cm with similar footprint as the previous version.

A Pro version with speed up to 200rpm and come with a temperature trigger fan at the back for commercial use, to ensure the temperature of the motor and power supply to be maintained below 27 degree Celsius.

andino

#96: Post by andino »

New design looks nice!
LMWDP #635

Paolo

#97: Post by Paolo »

Hi Daniel,
I like the size of your upcoming model. It looks much more compact than the first incarnation.
Do you have a photo of the first and newest model side-by-side to get a true picture of the size differential?

How 'coffee ground-proof' is the gauge and the switch? I ask as there always seems to be the odd ground floating around on the work pad of my HG1.

Do you have plans to take the domestic use WUG to any other places in the future?

I commend you for the design and execution of your product! :)

wug2grinder

#98: Post by wug2grinder »

Paolo wrote: Do you have a photo of the first and newest model side-by-side to get a true picture of the size differential?

I commend you for the design and execution of your product! :)
Here they are, I don't see the coffee ground problem in all our hg-1

pcrussell50

#99: Post by pcrussell50 »

Order placed and confirmed.

-Peter
LMWDP #553

pcrussell50

#100: Post by pcrussell50 »

Anyone else besides me? The order window still appears available.

One of the folks I message with says that a properly aligned HG1 is in a class with a Monolith Conical.

-Peter
LMWDP #553