Wug2 HG-1 User Experience - Page 11

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
ira
Team HB

#101: Post by ira »

pcrussell50 wrote:One of the folks I message with says that a properly aligned HG1 is in a class with a Monolith Conical.

-Peter
Yes, I believe they use essentially the same burrs so assuming perfect alignment for both, other than the difference in speed, the grind should be essentially the same. Assuming I'm right about the burrs being the same and assuming perfect alignment on the HG-1 you assumption should stand, but the HG-1 has to be aligned, a task fraught with opportunities for failure, the Monolith is just made so it's always perfect.

pcrussell50

#102: Post by pcrussell50 »

To clarify, that wasn't my assertion as I have no basis for making such a claim. I would only be guessing. I'm merely repeating someone trustworthy who has several Monoliths an (aligned) HG1 and a Slayer.

And yes, agreed you must deal carefully with planarity and concentricity with the HG1. But these are not insurmountable, whether you do it yourself or have a fabricator or machinist do it.

-Peter
LMWDP #553

pcrussell50

#103: Post by pcrussell50 »

Daniel,

I placed my order very soon after you began accepting them...

On the new design, I see the display and speed control knob now relocated to the foot of the grinder. But I do not see the illuminated round button for turning on the display. Is that relocated somewhere else? Or removed altogether?

I'm assuming the cord and main power switch remain on the back as before.

-Peter
LMWDP #553

yuktsi

#104: Post by yuktsi »

Hi. Does anyone know where to get a HG-1 grinder? Or when will Lyn Weber restock? Thanks.

myso

#105: Post by myso replying to yuktsi »

yuktsi

#106: Post by yuktsi replying to myso »

Thank you! The shipping is 400+$ though, I will if there's a cheaper option for shipping.

Kafa74

#107: Post by Kafa74 »

andino

#108: Post by andino »

I think I need to align mine as I'm getting a bit of variance from shot to shot. Those who have done their alignments themselves, how was the task?
LMWDP #635

pcrussell50

#109: Post by pcrussell50 replying to andino »

Have you seen the video?

-Peter
LMWDP #553

andino

#110: Post by andino replying to pcrussell50 »

I did see the video but I haven't attempted it myself. Looks quite finicky from watching the video a couple times.
LMWDP #635