Will Compak K8 burrs fit in 83mm Ceado?

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
buckersss
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by buckersss »

Hi All,

The compak k8 burrs look like they have somewhat of a unimodal burr geometry to them. Can anyone confirm?

Would anyone know if these burrs can fit in an 83mm Ceado grinder?

I found a post indicating that the Ceado SSP burrs fit in a compak, but that doesn't necessarily answer my question.

Replacement Compak K8 burr set

Thanks for insight anyone can offer.

LObin

#2: Post by LObin »

buckersss wrote:Hi All,

The compak k8/f8 burrs look like they have somewhat of a unimodal burr geometry to them. Can anyone confirm?

Wouls anyone know if these burrs would fit in an 83mm Ceado grinder?

I found a post indicating that the Ceado SSP burrs fit in a compak, but that doesn't necessarily answer my question.

I can't answer your question but it might be worth asking Hansung Lee if the SSP brew/ZM/Multipurpose (sorry they go under many names) fit the Ceado.

There's also a new 83mm cast burr in the work for 2023.
LMWDP #592

buckersss (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by buckersss (original poster) replying to LObin »

Those brew burrs are on my radar too! I think that is actually the first time I've seen a picture of them, so thank you for posting that. Appreciate the tip about the casts as well. I'll reach out and report back here if I hear anything or find out for myself.

MNate

#4: Post by MNate »

I had an F8 and the SSP burrs I ordered were listed as for the Caedo. So my guess is they would work.

truemagellen

#5: Post by truemagellen »

buckersss wrote:Hi All,

The compak k8/f8 burrs look like they have somewhat of a unimodal burr geometry to them. Can anyone confirm?

Wouls anyone know if these burrs would fit in an 83mm Ceado grinder?

I just want to jump in that the K8 burrs taste amazing and i miss my K8 for what it could produce but don't miss the rest of the package :)

Supporter ♡

#6: Post by buckersss (original poster) »

Ty. I saw your for sale post of the blue K8. It had a gorgeous paint job!

I'm hoping to get over to my local shop this week which has the k8 burrs in stock. If they fit I'll be installing them in an E8D, fingers crossed. If not, I'm undecided on the SSP route at this time so I'll stick with the stock Ceado 40260 burrs for if the k8 burrs are a no go.

Cedo

#7: Post by Cedo »

Any updates on this?

Supporter ♡

#8: Post by buckersss (original poster) »

Burrs are in transit. Hopefully will have them by mid next week.

I bought from Chris' in the USA, and am using shippsy to bring them over because price was better this way. Also, service at my local shop irks me, which was more incentive to buy from Chris'.

Supporter ♡

#9: Post by buckersss (original poster) »

I got the burrs today.

They seem to fit well. Well enough that Im not experiencing the issue identified in the below thread.

SSP Red Speed burrs having trouble screwing into Ceado E37S

The stock Ceado screws fit well too. I also found that the screws in my Ceado have been "hammered out" in an oblong way as @barNone described. Id guess this was done on purpose as part of the manufacturing process. Very odd to see an ever so slightly elliptical screw. The stock screws seem to scrape the OEM Ceado 40260 burrs when I removed them. But they don't seem to scrap the Compak k812 burrs though when I install them. The screw head cutouts are a hair bigger on the compak burrs. This, in conjunction with the oblong screws, make it a bit hard to eyeball if the screw was centred when tightened. There really isn't much play though so all is good.

Other thoughts. The k812 compak burrs were $94 USD. Good value imo. The compak burrs have a few minor nicks/chips. I had read this was a known issue with compak burrs, I've seen some pictures that looked really bad, in contrast mine are nothing to cause a fuss about. No top and bottom notations on the compaks.

Based on Chris' Coffee prices, my stock Ceados look like the $250 usd Ceado burrs they sell. Ceados by comparison look sharp and polished well, back and front. Definitely nicer, I can see why they are more expensive. The Ceados dont have top or bottom marked either.

Ive attached some pics below. I took one with a longer set of m5 screws sticking out for a different angle. Also included stock Ceados for comparison.

Original Ceado 40260

Compak k812s seated and screwed down in top burr carrier.

Comparison of back of Ceados and compaks.

barNone

#10: Post by barNone »

When your new burrs are seasoned, I'd be interested to know how you find the difference in flavor with the K8 vs. the Ceado burrs.