Ditting 807 Lab Sweet user experience - Page 6

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
GorchT

#51: Post by GorchT »

Hey, one question to the users of this beauty. Has anyone done nordic light roasts with it(or as some call it "green beans"). Is it still then this good? Or is it better for medium or darker roasts? I know it is a lot about personal preference, but I want to know if it's "considerable" for the coffee, that I like. I ask mostly for immersion and perculation brews and maybe an occasional espresso.

coffee_Me

#52: Post by coffee_Me »

yes, my pour over used light roast from Sweden and Norway coffee roasters, very tasty to me. It enhanced each flavor and somehow managed to balance them well in different layers, also got strong aroma and aftertaste. Previously I had some cup of brewed coffee from my other grinders matched the quality produced by this one occasionally, by luck. This one makes you feel like pour over is so easy since coffee is good anyway.

haven't used it for light roast espresso, maybe next week.

GorchT

#53: Post by GorchT replying to coffee_Me »

Perfect thank you :D So could you maybe, write next week how it is. Basically, I will wait atleast another 2 months until I will buy a new grinder. But the Ditting and the Titus Nautilus(tuned EK43) are atm the biggest contenders :D Sadly I won't be able to test them I guess. And I am sure I would love both. But the more I can read about them the happier I will be.

Ad-85

#54: Post by Ad-85 »

coffee_Me wrote:yes, my pour over used light roast from Sweden and Norway coffee roasters, very tasty to me. It enhanced each flavor and somehow managed to balance them well in different layers, also got strong aroma and aftertaste. Previously I had some cup of brewed coffee from my other grinders matched the quality produced by this one occasionally, by luck. This one makes you feel like pour over is so easy since coffee is good anyway.

haven't used it for light roast espresso, maybe next week.
I have a friend who is saying the same about LS 807
He is enjoying espresso from it more than pour overs but it's the pour overs I'm interested in. Tell us more about pour over and alignment please. Have you compared it to Comandante or any other brew grinder? Thanks
LMWDB #691
LeverHeads group on Telegram

coffee_Me

#55: Post by coffee_Me »

As an average user, I would say it's not possible to pull Nordic style light roast espresso with this grinder.
Pour over from comandante grinder is different, flavors are rounded/blended, not separate. In terms of taste, personally I prefer xeoleo (with some extra shaking work) over comandante most of the time. And LS is absolutely better.

No, I have no interest to work on alignment so far, that's why I give ek43 a pass.

Hide

#56: Post by Hide »

Seriously considering a new 807 Lab sweet to compliment the Linea Mini. I'm using it almost exclusive for espresso base with milk. Also considering the Monolith Max and EG-1 (maybe now the p100 lagom too) as the group of end game grinders. Most review seems to point the Ditting to being sweet which I'm fond of. What am I missing from going to the elusive, say, Monolith Max?

Ad-85

#57: Post by Ad-85 »

coffee_Me wrote:As an average user, I would say it's not possible to pull Nordic style light roast espresso with this grinder.
Pour over from comandante grinder is different, flavors are rounded/blended, not separate. In terms of taste, personally I prefer xeoleo (with some extra shaking work) over comandante most of the time. And LS is absolutely better.

No, I have no interest to work on alignment so far, that's why I give ek43 a pass.
I meant is there any alignment issues to be expected with usage. I love my blue bottle dripper / Comandante combo but I struggle with 60% of the coffees. Perhaps LS 807 is the best pour over grinder now. I'll wait for more info and comparisons (There's always a new grinder showing up these days) . Thanks for sharing your findings
LMWDB #691
LeverHeads group on Telegram

jb-0101

#58: Post by jb-0101 »

Why would you say it's not possible to pull Nordic style light roast espresso?

coffee_Me

#59: Post by coffee_Me replying to jb-0101 »

Not fine enough, water started gushing out of the basket filter under 2 seconds. I also feel confused myself because it seems some people has no issue to pull light roast espresso at all.
There are 3 possible reasons: coffee machine, dose and beans.
Normally Strega requires finer grind size. My lower dose habit also needs finer grind size. And the bean itself is hard to work on (I managed to pull shots with forte at scale 1A and M47 at scale 0.8.5).

Jonk

#60: Post by Jonk »

Perhaps you shouldn't expect the shots to run the same. Try fast shots with little to no pre-infusion and shoot for a fairly high brew ratio (I like 1:3 with Drop Coffee.. But I'm using a different grinder). Doesn't look pretty but the flavor can be great.