Weber Workshops Key grind setting wandering

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
objective1

#1: Post by objective1 »

On my dialed in key, i weighed another shot and it flowed as a gusher. Thinking i had screwed up my prep, i weighed another shot and same thing,.. I had to reset the calibration, after which everything was fine. This was the second time that happened over the last 3 weeks.

Is there some aspect of the burrs that can be compromised/moved if the unit freezes/siezes? Its done that a few times. Just seems kinda wonky... and if there is something that needs tightening, cleaning, adjusting... whatever

looking for anyone's experience.

Epicurus

#2: Post by Epicurus »

You may want to try re-tightening the burr release screw on the bottom. I've found if my grind setting wanders, it's because that one screw has become loose.

objective1 (original poster)

#3: Post by objective1 (original poster) »

Thanx! Worth a try

objective1 (original poster)

#4: Post by objective1 (original poster) »

just closing out this thread...

the burr release screw was in fact loose... i figured that out when i had what i thought were dosing issues, and decided to pop the funnel and actually check the screw... (ya i didn't do that until today, since my 'issues' had appeared to subsided...)

once i tightened the screw... i had to re-zero and re-dial in the grinder... we'll see if what i had been attributing to poor and random dosing issues subsides...

@epicurious, thanx for the original suggestion...

at this point i'm wondering if there is a torque suggestion for that cap screw...

yakster
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by yakster »

They come with lock washers now, IIRC.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272