Weber Workshop HG-2 teaser

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
knumph

#1: Post by knumph »

Looks like Weber Workshops has made some updates to their HG-1, this via their official Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNCnbpsh33V/

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

There's a lot of cool and useful features coming on this one. I'm excited to see it land. I've been allowed to see renditions, but am mum on the details till it launches.

Aida Battle: Indigo Reserve from world renowned Finca Kilimanjaro in El Salvador
Sponsored by Aida Battle
bialettibarista

#3: Post by bialettibarista »

I have to say I'm pretty excited about this.I have been able unable to pull the trigger on one of these for a while now.I have been using a Pharos 2.0 for quite a while now and have been really annoyed with the grind adjustment.the problem is I can still grind16 grams of espresso in 10 seconds which I believe is faster than HG1 .If the new version can up to speed a little and stabilize the upper burr l'll be pulling my money out!

jbviau
Supporter ★

#4: Post by jbviau »

I want to say I'm excited about the HG-2, but--and this is an understatement--I already have too many hand grinders. If it's less gigantic than its predecessor, I'd be marginally more interested. 8)
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

jbviau
Supporter ★

#5: Post by jbviau »

"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

MerleApAmber

#6: Post by MerleApAmber »

Hummm...
I wonder if they'll offer a "Trade-Up" program?
I know I 'should' keep my HG-1 as an example of recent modern art... but...

y33brzk

#7: Post by y33brzk »

Man I hope this doesn't get much more expensive than the HG-1.

I don't think the grind quality will be much different at all if the burrs remain unchanged and I don't really want to spend more money for the same result in the cup.

ECM Manufacture: @ecmespresso #weliveespresso
Sponsored by ECM Manufacture
baonumber1

#8: Post by baonumber1 »

It'll definitely be more expensive with the gear box setup. From their post the gear box looks really polished and I feel that its easily $300 more than HG-1. That being said, I think you can still by HG-1 from Craig Lynn studio. I'm wondering if HG-1 will be exclusively sold through Craig Lynn and Hg-2 through Weber workshop moving forward

y33brzk

#9: Post by y33brzk »

Oh, I thought the HG-2 would replace the HG-1.

At the moment it seems like it is sold out everywhere.

chipman

#10: Post by chipman »

y33brzk wrote:Man I hope this doesn't get much more expensive than the HG-1.

I don't think the grind quality will be much different at all if the burrs remain unchanged and I don't really want to spend more money for the same result in the cup.
I think the idea of the transmission is for ease of grinding, not necessarily the result in the cup.