Weber Workshop HG-2 teaser - Page 4

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
baonumber1

#31: Post by baonumber1 »

WW has a new post today. So it seems that it will also be easier to do fine grained adjustment now as every notch becomes 5 microns. I don't have a HG-1, but from the post it sounds like previously each notch was 10 microns or so.

jevenator

#32: Post by jevenator replying to baonumber1 »

Yeah so they matched it to the adjustment mechanism of their EG-1. 5 microns is the most anyone really needs IMO which is great.

Their marketing strategy is working great. Lots of hype and excitement.

Advertisement
ethiopianbuffman

#33: Post by ethiopianbuffman »

Looks like the blind tumbler magnetically or snaps into place so there are no grinds that can fly everywhere based on the latest tease.

Auctor

#34: Post by Auctor »

"Killer feature" just announced.

John P

#35: Post by John P »

Quite interesting.
John Piquet
Salt Lake City, UT
caffedbolla.com

ira
Team HB

#36: Post by ira »

I love the statement, "It's going to revolutionize how the top baristas of the world grind their coffee." Which sort of leaves out that most of the top baristas work in shops and would no way use a hand grinder.

Ira

Gumption

#37: Post by Gumption »

I haven't seen any info on release dates or pricing. Anyone have an inside scoop?
LMWDP #695

Advertisement
Nate42

#38: Post by Nate42 »

Don't get me wrong, the idea of stirring the grinds as they come out automatically is pretty neat. But I'm not convinced it will totally eliminate the need for WDT or at least some kind of levelling. I own one of those blind tumblers, you get some compaction of grinds when you empty it into the portafilter.

ALso, even if it does work perfectly, how much cost are they adding over this? Seems like a few seconds of time savings is not that big a deal when you are already hand grinding.

I'm all for innovation but I am skeptical this will be a success. The HG1 was already pricey, does the world need an even higher end hand grinder?

Auctor

#39: Post by Auctor »

Nate42 wrote:I'm all for innovation but I am skeptical this will be a success. The HG1 was already pricey, does the world need an even higher end hand grinder?
My hope is they keep the price the same. Because I completely agree, more than $1k for a hand grinder when the Niche is $700, the new Eurekas are $500-$700, and plenty of new "lower end" competition makes it hard for a buyer to pay the HG-2 premium, especially when they could spend a few extra bucks for Lagom or Eureka Atom, or others.

Being in the middle is often a terrible place to be for a business. Too expensive to be considered cheap (and a value play), too cheap (and non-electrified) to be considered a premium player.

chipman

#40: Post by chipman »

Is it just me that notices most of the cynical-negative feedback concerning anything L-W is coming from Monolith owners?