Weber Key Grinder - Page 81

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Jshot
Supporter ♡

#801: Post by Jshot »

Jessipoo wrote:@Kyle
how is the finish on yours?
I have snow and there are marks all over it that shows in certain angles with the light bouncing off of it, the way it looks is like grease marks but it's not grease marks, it's been cleaned 15 times lol I was really hoping it would be but it wasn't
Did you reach out to Weber about this?

yakster
Supporter ♡

#802: Post by yakster »

Some highlights from the Indiegogo campaign update:
KEY Shipping Progress Update
Total shipped so far: 193 ONYX, 82 SNOW
Total to go: 1150 ONYX, 643 SNOW

...we're working to get up to a 50 unit/day pace. We are still hopeful to get there within February, but we are building about 15 units/day right now. This is why it is very difficult to predict the ship date when you are hundreds (if not 1000+ units) down the line. It really depends on how quickly we get to our 50 unit/day goal, and that depends on part/paint yields, which are gradually coming up. We are of course doing everything we can to hurry this up, but (as we mentioned from the beginning) we will not sacrifice product quality just to push them out the door.

1 Week Break
Our team in Taipei worked right through Christmas and New Year, so I have given them all of next week off for Lunar New Year. During that week we will have one staff continue to monitor email, and operations will continue as usual for shipments originating from the US. Our apologies for any delay during this time, and they will all be back in the office Feb 7th to pick up right where we left off.

Happy Lunar New Year and Best Regards,
Douglas Weber
Founder & CEO, Weber Workshops
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

kpoz

#803: Post by kpoz »

Jessipoo wrote:@Kyle
how is the finish on yours?
I have snow and there are marks all over it that shows in certain angles with the light bouncing off of it, the way it looks is like grease marks but it's not grease marks, it's been cleaned 15 times lol I was really hoping it would be but it wasn't
What have you used to clean it? Just soap and water, or rubbing alcohol?

I ordered one in Snow as well, and so I am curious to hear from other owners about whether they have this issue. In the few videos and posts on social media that I have seen, I can see smudges on the Onyx model but I assumed they were fingerprints.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#804: Post by yakster »

WeberWorkshops has their own forum on their website that you could check and request feedback about smudging / cleaning on the Snow Key grinder.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

MNate

#805: Post by MNate »

1800 grinders left.
@50/week = 3months (+1wk Chinese New Year) = early April + slow shipping = ?
But they aren't even at 50/wk...

Oh well. I like the Niche I have at the moment and am not expecting a huge upgrade- I just think I'd rather have the Key for life rather than the Niche. I'd rather put the $150 toward getting a flat grinder again to go with it.

But the part that made me wonder was:
This offer will remain on the table until the very end, and we really think it is the way to go as your unit will get to you so much faster and safer. The KEY is a luxury item, and in retrospect given the state of sea shipments inbound to the US, it's the level of shipping that the KEY deserves. We will of course honor the free shipping for those who just can't justify the extra expense.
Safer? Hmm... not sure what to think about that.

GregoryJ (original poster)

#806: Post by GregoryJ (original poster) »

They're at 15 / day (not week)

stump007

#807: Post by stump007 »

MNate wrote: Safer? Hmm... not sure what to think about that.
I think they are referring to how global container shipments have been completely disrupted by covid. Meaning even when they'll successfully fill up a container that one will still be at risk of delays, bottlenecked terminals, being stuck at customs etc. Compared to airfreight which is much more reliable at the moment.

Jshot
Supporter ♡

#808: Post by Jshot replying to stump007 »

And saves Weber $

Dbcooper

#809: Post by Dbcooper »

At the $1500 launch price I wouldn't personally expect free $150 air freight. I just had an ebay order from Japan cancel on me due to shipping issues over there.

m2ellis

#810: Post by m2ellis »

There is less handling with air freight so potentially less opportunity for it to get mishandled in transit? No idea what the real risk difference is between the two though, lots of stuff gets shipped by ship and arrives just fine.