Weber Key Grinder - Page 79

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
versusqc

#781: Post by versusqc »

vze26m98 wrote:Anyone notice at 18:00 that there's a reflection jumping up and down on the polished drive shaft?
pretty sure that's a fingerprint/smudge on the shaft

vietcrunk

#782: Post by vietcrunk »

Would be nice to see a comparison between shots at different RPMS. Curious did anyone get the tamping mat yet?

Mike Panic

#783: Post by Mike Panic »

IGG backer below 125, Onyx, US based and paid for DHL shopping, came home to a nice surprise, and no duty fees. Will follow up tomorrow with initial thoughts.

Lotus1220

#784: Post by Lotus1220 »

naz1511 wrote:Hey George! I just got a tracking number from Weber Workshop, exactly 2 weeks from when they said when they're gonna ship out.

Now I cant concentrate doing anything :shock:
Hey I forgot to update! Mine is here last week! Can't wait to go home next month and try it out!!

-Toby-

#785: Post by -Toby- »

Can any of the lucky Key owners tell me, how many steps there are within a full rotation?

And a question to the magic tumbler: does it have some kind of rim on the lower side to keep it in position on the portafilter when you pull the middle part out to let the grounds slide in to the filter basket?

BruceWayne
Supporter ♡

#786: Post by BruceWayne »

15 x 5 = 75 steps.

Yes, and since it's heavier than the blind shaker, it's less likely to move when you take out the stopper. Now, if it only had magnets on the bottom to attach to the basket, it would be perfect.

KyleDrinksCoffee

#787: Post by KyleDrinksCoffee »

Hey friends.

Thanks for sharing my video. I can confirm this was a fingerprint. My grinder doesn't have any shaft issues or concerns as mentioned a few pages back. At least - that I've noticed. Excited to share more in time.

JB90068
Supporter ♡

#788: Post by JB90068 »

KyleDrinksCoffee wrote:Hey friends. Thanks for sharing my video. I can confirm this was a fingerprint. My grinder doesn't have any shaft issues or concerns as mentioned a few pages back. At least - that I've noticed. Excited to share more in time.
Hey Kyle, thanks for the great video. Very informative.
Old baristas never die. They just become over extracted.

Jessipoo

#789: Post by Jessipoo »

oh good catch!

Jessipoo

#790: Post by Jessipoo »

Got my KEY, white, some finish issues where it looks like oily smudges (since the finish looks different in light in some spots, like there are giant marks) but it's not oil, I've cleaned it many Times, it is not dirt. Hoping they'll have some sort of solution, something to polish it or something.

Anyone else having finish problems too?

I only used it 1 day so far so good, definitely noticed more clarity and less texture than my Sette 270, definitely tastes different and I'm getting more juicy flavours from my Ethiopian naturals single origin & blends.