Weber Key Grinder - Page 46

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
wojtowip

#451: Post by wojtowip »

stump007 wrote: Not that it bothers me at all, I find the overall noise much more pleasant than the more "industrial" sound of the Niche.
Crazy how preferences can vary, it's awesome to have so many different choices in coffee and equipment. I personally don't like either of them (prefer a quiet hand grinder), but the high pitch bothers me way more than the Niche.

Excited to see how they stack up in the real world, in case I get tired of hand grinding. Really love how the pace of innovation has picked up over the years.
LMWDP #694

McPickle

#452: Post by McPickle »

Ad-85 wrote:Yes! I plan on ordering the commercial plastic pack. They're sold out tho. I don't see how I can do RDT when I use them but I'll figure it out when I get them.
Single dose into 2oz glass jars from amazon and you can RDT right into them and shake. Tubes are such a hassle and they even cost a lot more.

Ad-85

#453: Post by Ad-85 replying to McPickle »

Yes I will try that first and I hope it works. I'm still waiting for them to arrive.
LMWDB #691
LeverHeads group on Telegram

BruceWayne

#454: Post by BruceWayne »

I really wonder if you need to do RDT to frozen beans. Just open the vacuum seal, let condensation happen, and toss them into the grinder.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#455: Post by yakster »

I'm planning on trying a shot glass or maybe one of those 3 oz brew bells I bought when I first started and never use.

They just posted an Instagram photo that shows dosing to give you an idea of the room we're working with:
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

dlowyr717

#456: Post by dlowyr717 replying to yakster »

I ended up going with the Craig Lyn Bean Vaults , and like them. Having already fumbled and dropped a couple on tile floor, I was glad they were not glass.

Diatribe

#457: Post by Diatribe »

Does anyone know when they will ask for the color choice?

yakster
Supporter ♡

#458: Post by yakster »

I got an email update this morning that the Backerkit survey's will be out in the next day or two to finalize color choices, accessories, etc.

Here's the production update:
As for now, we have kicked off all of the necessary tooling for the parts (die-cast tools, extrusion tools, injection molding tools, and compression molding tools) in addition to placing purchase orders for the standard electrical and mechanical components in bulk.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

AJ_Grey

#459: Post by AJ_Grey »

I got the survey to select the color. It was nice they also allowed a choice of color for the tamping mat. I was surprised that they offered a choice for the cleaning brush. The standard brush is boars hair but there is also a choice for nylon. I have not researched cleaning brushes at all , is there a reason to select one material over the other?

RayD

#460: Post by RayD »

I think the nylon brush was made available for people who have religious objections to boar hair.