Weber Key Grinder - Page 19

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
stump007

#181: Post by stump007 »

Jshot wrote:So, who's in?
I'm on the fence.

I have a Niche on order that will have to transit from Niche in UK to friends in US to myself in Taiwan - since Niche doesn't allow me to buy directly.

With all the taxes and shipping it may very well end up the same price as the discounted Key, especially if Key ships from Taiwan

So now I'm quite interested in the Key, and understand Weber is a well respected brand, but feel a bit awkward to pre-order a premium product if it hasn't been reviewed yet :?

versusqc

#182: Post by versusqc »

The campain is up: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/key- ... -workshops
Early birds (they started with 100 slots, but now upped it to 150, so who knows how many are allocated) at $1499, and they have a package with tamping mat + bean cellar for $1889

Alestz

#183: Post by Alestz »

They must have opened up the campaign early? The preorder was supposed to start at 6AM PDT, aka in like 3 minutes but it is already sold out lol... pretty big fail by whoever is in charge

beanboy

#184: Post by beanboy »

Yep. The email they sent out is still counting down to launch right this moment and they're already sold out. My heart goes out to everyone that missed out.

FrankS

#185: Post by FrankS »

Oh well.

Maybe there is still hope for an HB link?

Auctor

#186: Post by Auctor »

Looks like they opened up more slots @ $1500.

GeorgeP922

#187: Post by GeorgeP922 »

Its not sold out, plenty of white and black left.

I ordered the kit version that comes with the bean cellar and the leather tamping mat.
Unless my math is wrong, they are charging an extra 28$ for the package upgrade versus buying the two accessories seperately.
As a sucker for the ultimate unboxxing experience, I ordered the kit and justified with "at least I am not paying the onyx premium" or "at least there is no shipping charge"

Anyways I am super pumped about this grinder, I would have loved an MC4 but I think I am going to love this alot more.
I can't wait to grind it at hand grind speed with the variable rpm thingy, or faster then the normal 400 rpm conical speed.

Edit: there are over 100 units left, I cant figure out how you choose onyx or snow for the 1499 package, maybe they email you? the pacakage is sold by it's color.

chillinsd

#188: Post by chillinsd »

GeorgeP922 wrote: Edit: there are over 100 units left, I cant figure out how you choose onyx or snow for the 1499 package, maybe they email you? the pacakage is sold by it's color.
They will email backers on color selection afterwards

jinrowang

#189: Post by jinrowang »

what's the weight of this grinder?

stump007

#190: Post by stump007 »

Was ready to pull the trigger, but can't seem to cancel my Niche order without emailing Niche first. So I'll pass this time :|