Weber Key Grinder - Page 104

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
malling

#1031: Post by malling »

Hebeares wrote:According to Weber's latest update on IGG, they are building about 15 units/day right now, which sounds like a joke to me. 15 a day? Even a family workshop can do faster than that. Strict quality control could be the reason for all this but with the quality issues emerging amongst those complainers on YouTube or forums just like the slapping in the face.

Honestly I am already regret my decision backing up the campaign.
That can only be because you aren't familiar with it.

Mahlkonig where manufacturering about 5000 EK43 5 years ago a much, much larger manufacturer, so that is about 20 grinders a day of that particular model!

So that is in fact an impressive number, might also explain why we see more bad aligned grinders.

Hugonl28

#1032: Post by Hugonl28 »

malling wrote:So that is in fact an impressive number, might also explain why we see more bad aligned grinders.

That's what I was thinking... 15 unit/day seems like a big production! I can believe a 0.5% failure rate is pretty normal with such output.

malling

#1033: Post by malling »

chipman wrote:Why would a "so-called" expert need recommendations for what future grinder he should purchase?
You just got quoted by the "so-called expert" on IG :lol:

Hugonl28

#1034: Post by Hugonl28 »

Loving the suspense and drama around here :lol:

Ad-85

#1035: Post by Ad-85 »

malling wrote:You just got quoted by the "so-called expert" on IG :lol:
I had to go and see it lol :mrgreen:
I loved it when they told him to get EG-1! Like WW will ever sell him one :mrgreen:
LMWDB #691

Ypuh

#1036: Post by Ypuh »

Hugonl28 wrote:Loving the suspense and drama around here :lol:
There's a fox running around the henhouse.
I don't want a Decent

Hugonl28

#1037: Post by Hugonl28 » replying to Ypuh »

Do I want a Decent? :P I think I do...(it's damn ugly though, would much prefer a Linea Mini) and a Flat Max.. not sure though, maybe a Nautilus instead..

RayD

#1038: Post by RayD »

Sprometheus publicly selling his KEY a loss is clearly a publicity stunt; especially when he was offered the opportunity to return his grinder. I guess he's made the calculation that the publicity generated will be worth the 750USD or so loss. Feels gross to me.

paland

#1039: Post by paland » replying to RayD »

Or maybe he just wanted to give someone else who might like the grinder but can't get one a shot at getting one.

chipman

#1040: Post by chipman » replying to paland »

Oh please