Weber Bean Cellar cap removal

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Iconicred

#1: Post by Iconicred »

Sorry Not sure which Forum to put this in and seeing as Weber has lots of fans here, this might be it.

I just had the glass bean cellar delivered. Problem. I dont know how to open the cap. I know it is my stupidity! Can someone advice?

Thanks!
Justin

Pizzaandspro

#2: Post by Pizzaandspro »

It should just pull off. Your talking about the lid for the vile right?

Iconicred (original poster)

#3: Post by Iconicred (original poster) »

Yes the cap for the vial.
It seems hard to just pull off. Let me try again

#4: Post by Iconicred (original poster) »

Sorry yes.... I can pull it off. Thanks!
I feel like an idiot now. Hahaha

Pizzaandspro

#5: Post by Pizzaandspro »

If it wasn't hard it wouldn't be airtight!

#6: Post by Iconicred (original poster) replying to Pizzaandspro »

It is a Weber product and I thought it was probably over engineered..... must have some scarcest button with a secret handshake to open it!

mrcezve

#7: Post by mrcezve »

I have coffee bean cellars from a different company as well as a grinder that require a bit of oomph to separate. I find that both are easier to separate by applying a twisting motion while lifting.

IMPORTANT
-------------
Of course, if your coffee bean cellars are made of glass, be careful no matter how you attempt to separate the cap from the container.

Frenchman

#8: Post by Frenchman »

I found that some of my tubes are difficult to open, and some are quite easy. I tried to swap caps and that didn't really help, so I'm going to surmise that the production tolerances for the tubes is greater than for the caps and O-rings. Secondary evidence of that is that one my tubes was cracked. Sadly, Weber didn't offer a replacement, saying that damage, whether from me or other circumstances, is why they include three spares. I gotta be careful, having only two...
LMWDP #712

p4lxrich

#9: Post by p4lxrich »

I had the resin one and after a while like about a yr. I normally just rinse with water and tiny soap after each use. I'm guessing the o rings dried up a bit or expanded. So I just lubricated a bit and now it's a bit easier to remove. But yes it comes off easier with twist and pull method

Brother_Bluto

#10: Post by Brother_Bluto »

I find a few of mine can be very difficult if trying to twist the top off like a bottle cap or pull straight up. I've gotten in the habit if just using my thumb to just push up on one edge and seems to be the ticket.