Victoria Arduino Mythos 2 Gravimetric - Page 4

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
mivanitsky
Supporter ★

#31: Post by mivanitsky »

Sounds like it's not quite ready for prime time, despite dosing consistently. Hopefully this thing is firmware upgradeable!

Almico (original poster)

#32: Post by Almico (original poster) replying to mivanitsky »

The grinder is ready for prime time. The manual is not. I finally got mine programed and it's working like a dream.

Even the menu system is a bit quirky. For example, when you get to this edit screen, the blank upper right tile accesses the advanced menu. Nowhere does it indicate that!

And pressing the "900RPM" button gets you into the RPM adjustment menu. Pushing and holding the same button gets you into a deeper level.

So it seems everything has been thought out functionally, just not programming-wise.

I would anticipate a firmware upgrade at some point.

mivanitsky
Supporter ★

#33: Post by mivanitsky »

Outstanding!

Sounds like an ideal shop grinder then. The grind quality itself is certainly beyond reproach. A disproportionately large percentage of exceptional shots I've had in commercial settings have come from Mythos grinders.

Almico (original poster)

#34: Post by Almico (original poster) »

DucaiMann wrote:I can't log in to see the video. Who is your contact there? I would love get in touch!
I sent an email to info@victoriaarduino.com, but they replied to contact Nuovo Simonelli/USA.

I sent a PM link to my Google Drive with the vids.

Almico (original poster)

#35: Post by Almico (original poster) »

mivanitsky wrote:Outstanding!

Sounds like an ideal shop grinder then. The grind quality itself is certainly beyond reproach. A disproportionately large percentage of exceptional shots I've had in commercial settings have come from Mythos grinders.
I am quite surprised how much different the coffee tastes. Smoother, but not as defined. The burrs are no where near broken in yet.

DucaiMann
Supporter ♡

#36: Post by DucaiMann »

Yes I have a feeling this grinder is going to take over the market once it's dialed in. The large burrs, quite operation, and incredibly fluffy grind, even without the burrs being broken in is pretty amazing.

The settings are a lot and you will need someone at the shop to really know what they are doing, but the quality will be unparalleled in a fast paced environment.

mivanitsky
Supporter ★

#37: Post by mivanitsky »

That is my experience with Mythos burrs in shops, and with the genuine Mythos burrs in the Kafatek Monolith Flat grinder as well. It is a very pleasing shot. If you want more clarity in your extraction, it is easy enough to swap burrs to the current SSP ones. In a commercial setting it might make sense to have a Mythos with each set, if budget and space permitted. They do change a bit with break-in, but the general concept remains the same.

Almico (original poster)

#38: Post by Almico (original poster) »

First busy weekend with the new grinder. A few barista moves had to be modified to accommodate the tare delay, but considering the grinder starts automatically after it tares, the time spent elsewhere makes it a wash. Grinds pour out as politely as my monolith and the doses are on +/- .3g. Considering I have the tare tolerance set to .5g to speed up the tare delay, that's not bad. It is truly whisper quiet and the coffee is superb.

I love this grinder.

pouni

#39: Post by pouni »

Hi together,

I am heavily considering to buy the Mythos Two Gravimetric for private home use. I know it is much too expensive for home use but somehow I feel like I should try it and I have owned many different Mythos (One and Plus) grinders and so far these have been my favorite grinders. As I am drinking pretty dark roasted espresso I am a little bit unsure if the Mythos Two Burrs are good for dark roasts or if they have been specialized for light roasted espresso so that they might be too unimodal in terms of grind distribution. Does anyone here have an opinion in this question? I would be very happy if anyone could help me.

Best regards

Bojan

lagoon

#40: Post by lagoon »

There seems to be a firmware upgrade released for the Mythos 2. Anyone know where to obtain it?