Victoria Arduino Mythos 2 Gravimetric - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
mikemaddux

Postby mikemaddux » Mar 17, 2019, 12:49 pm

Almico wrote:Nope, I use it for my pour over station.

Glad to know that!

Almico
Supporter ♡

Postby Almico » Mar 30, 2019, 10:39 am

Got a tracking number!

DucaiMann

Postby DucaiMann » replying to Almico » Mar 30, 2019, 11:29 am

I just put in my order as well. Was told it was supposed to ship Friday but I haven't heard from Mackenzie yet. Super excited!

mivanitsky
Supporter ♡

Postby mivanitsky » Mar 30, 2019, 11:53 am

Alan, the Mythos burrs will be outstanding with your espresso blend. The workflow improvements with weighed dosing will be beneficial too, I suspect. Four of them in a row would be fearsome!

Almico
Supporter ♡

Postby Almico » replying to mivanitsky » Mar 30, 2019, 11:55 am

I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Fortunately, I do not have the room for 4!

Almico
Supporter ♡

Postby Almico » Apr 04, 2019, 5:45 pm

DucaiMann

Postby DucaiMann » Apr 04, 2019, 11:25 pm

Just got mine today!

Not sure if it's because I only put a lb of beans in or so, but the gravemetric system seems to be all over the place. I didn't mess with the settings much but could not get a consistent dose, or rather it would underdose by a significant amount every time.

Have you checked it for accuracy yet?

Almico
Supporter ♡

Postby Almico » Apr 05, 2019, 7:18 am

Mine is overdosing about a gram. VA sent me this link to set up videos:

https://nuovasimonelli-my.sharepoint.co ... e64b032aa8

Video #2 shows the calibration step.

Interesting note on the calibration: I assumed that if the grinder was overdosing by 1.0g, then I would need to set the calibration compensation to -1.0g. Not so. You need to add 1.0g.

Also, the final weight on the screen is not the actual weight, or it's the actual weight plus the calibration number. But now when I set my double shot to 15.5g, the final reading is 16.5, but I get 15.5g out every time.

There is also a ramp feature that allows you to set how many .1s to slow the grind at the end of the dose to improve accuracy.

DucaiMann

Postby DucaiMann » Apr 05, 2019, 11:38 am

Yea I have been getting a lower dose by 1-1.5 grams. I didn't realize you could set the compensation for that.

I also noticed that it will not slow the grinder down if I put it for less than .5g. I have a feeling the machine will need to be precisely calibrated for each grind speed as well as dosage.

DucaiMann

Postby DucaiMann » Apr 05, 2019, 11:42 am

Almico wrote:Mine is overdosing about a gram. VA sent me this link to set up videos:

https://nuovasimonelli-my.sharepoint.co ... e64b032aa8

Video #2 shows the calibration step.

I can't log in to see the video. Who is your contact there? I would love get in touch!