Vario packaging ???

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
My Alien Life

#1: Post by My Alien Life »

I purchased 2 Varios on eBay and returned them both because of different issues.

I suspect they were refurbished because they came in brown boxes with no markings or fancy packaging. No instructions.

New grinders - do they come with identifying packaging etc? My local shop has 2 Settes and they come with very nice packaging that you'd expect from a new product...boxes with photos, logos etc.

thanks

jgood

#2: Post by jgood »

Don't know about ebay but Baratza sometimes has refurbished grinders at a discount -- new ones are available through all the major dealers.

My Alien Life (original poster)

#3: Post by My Alien Life (original poster) »

True

I am asking what the packaging looks like for new.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by yakster »

There's normally an outer box like this with plain cardboard boxes inside for the grinder and hopper.

-Chris

LMWDP # 272

#5: Post by My Alien Life (original poster) »

Nice. Thank you

Only brown cardboard. One had 3 different inspection stickers with 3 different years.

SteveRhinehart

#6: Post by SteveRhinehart »

Last I saw the retail packaging is a semigloss white outer box with a drawing of the grinder and the word "Vario" nice and large. It's like the Sette box you saw in that it is designed to look reasonably nice on a retail shelf. Then there's an inner two-part plain cardboard box, and another two plain cardboard boxes inside that. One contains the main grinder body, the other contains the hopper and accessories.

If it helps, Baratza maintains a list of authorized AND unauthorized sellers on their site:
Authorized - https://baratza.com/where-to-buy/online-resellers/
Unauthorized (presumably only a sample of what's actually out there) - https://baratza.com/where-to-buy/online ... resellers/

DamianWarS

#7: Post by DamianWarS »

My Alien Life wrote:I purchased 2 Varios on eBay and returned them both because of different issues.

I suspect they were refurbished because they came in brown boxes with no markings or fancy packaging. No instructions.

New grinders - do they come with identifying packaging etc? My local shop has 2 Settes and they come with very nice packaging that you'd expect from a new product...boxes with photos, logos etc.

thanks
For reference here's the package mine came in. Brought from an authorised reseller. It's the W version and 220v. There was a shipper's outer box that was plain brown and the attached picture is the inner box.

#8: Post by My Alien Life (original poster) »

yes thank you. My latest came in a brand new box with all the right stuff...