Varia VS3 - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
mohninme

#11: Post by mohninme »

These should be showing up in peoples hands right away. It seems a good value in the single dosing category.
Michael

mohninme

#12: Post by mohninme »

Lets not be shy now. There must be a few HB'ers that bought and have tried this grinder by now..:)

I did the pre-order myself and it arrived last week, but I am not home yet to try it. :cry:
Michael

Bmcbr9

#13: Post by Bmcbr9 »

Alternative Brewing did a review on YouTube. Seems pretty amazing for the price point.

boren

#14: Post by boren »

Anyone here with this grinder? I'm curious to hear opinions from people who actually use it...

mohninme

#15: Post by mohninme »

I have used mine for about a week now however only with two medium espresso roasts. I have some coffee on order so I will share on some lighter roast performance later on. First impressions are very good. Build quality is impressive considering the price. I am very happy with the grind quality (for what I have used it for to date). Very fluffy grounds with no clumping. Humidity is quite low where I live so RDT is a must for single dosing. I found that the static is completely manageable with this grinder. It does of course take quite a bit longer to grind than my Sette or E37S but I don't find this to be a problem at all. If you are a little bit OCD with your workflow, just adjust to put the beans in earlier. With the beans I have been using, it took aprox 35 sec for a 15g dose and 48 sec for a 20g. I found it really easy to dial in my beans (maybe just lucky:) 3rd shot I nailed it and with another roast I hit it on the 2nd attempt. No head to head performances forthcoming with my grinders, but I think this one will be a keeper. Results in the cup have been quite balanced, and I have enjoyed some smooth americanos. And yes... I taste my espressos first :lol:
Michael

weinerd

#16: Post by weinerd »

Looks interesting, but with only a 100W motor I'd be worried about longevity with finer grinds and lighter roasts.