User Experience: Kafatek MC3 - Page 5

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
bach

#41: Post by bach »

discsinthesky wrote:Where? Thought I added myself to the waitlist but haven't seen an email or instagram post.
I also received the email - it came through the mailing list you can sign up on the website.

chris_n

#42: Post by chris_n »

ds wrote:I would not do that, that'll likely get you blocked from the site completely given what happened last time...
that was more sarcastic than serious but i guess it doesn't come across via text hahahahaha

Advertisement
BaristaBob

#43: Post by BaristaBob replying to chris_n »

I'm sure it was sarcasm, but I remember when about six months ago I was one of those with an itchy trigger finger and $2K to spend. In less than 5 minutes they were all gone! I was one of the fortunate ones that day!

Now I watch it like a spectator sport. It still amazes me! 8)
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

DaveB

#44: Post by DaveB replying to BaristaBob »

What amazed me was how much longer the following run took to sell out.
Von meinem iPhone gesendet

BaristaBob

#45: Post by BaristaBob replying to DaveB »

David,

And that because of a system crash that took hours to fix...everyone went to bed! :shock:
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

Bluenoser

#46: Post by Bluenoser »

Has anyone from Canada ever bought one? Am thinking of the conical..

If so.. looks like it would be subject to import duty of about $400 can then about 13-15% taxes (I live in Nova Scotia). Am guessing shipping might be 50-75 USD.

Might have to start moonlighting :)

bach

#47: Post by bach replying to Bluenoser »

Interested as well and live in Canada. I contacted Denis and he said it'd be around $50 USD for shipping (not sure if NS would be different). I'm curious how you came about the $400 duty + tax amount though. My research has shown an approximate combined amount for duties and taxes of about $350 CAD.

Advertisement
shawndo

#48: Post by shawndo »

Bluenoser wrote:Might have to start moonlighting :)
As a Monolith smuggler ? :P
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra

DaveB

#49: Post by DaveB »

BaristaBob wrote:And that because of a system crash that took hours to fix...everyone went to bed! :shock:
Not true. When the site went back up shortly after 6:00pm PST, there were still 38 flats left. They didn't disappear till 7:30pm. The last conical finally sold at approx 7:30am PST the next day (forum member HRC-E.B snagged it). Persistence paid off!
Von meinem iPhone gesendet

cafemolino

#50: Post by cafemolino replying to DaveB »

how many units are planned to produce for each run?