Turin DF83 - Page 5

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Zed44

#41: Post by Zed44 »

LindoPhotography wrote: IF they're in stock and you can afford the P64 I say go for it (Resale value is good too I think, but there are more 64mm single dose burr options out soon!) if it's a lot of money for you then the DF83 might be the more sane choice.
Any upcoming 64mm burr options you can share? I am looking into getting a new grinder and weighing my options for the next 2-3 months or so potentially. So curious in what else is coming out.

Milligan

#42: Post by Milligan replying to Zed44 »

https://www.espressooutlet.net/turin-df ... e-grinder/

The variable speed version of the DF64 is one to watch.

jeetS

#43: Post by jeetS »

I'm in the market for a grinder and could probably swing the Df83 price tag... Trying to decide if I should get that over the 64 or if the variable speed 64 is worth waiting for...

Hmmm...

Deephaven

#44: Post by Deephaven »

Milligan wrote:https://www.espressooutlet.net/turin-df ... e-grinder/

The variable speed version of the DF64 is one to watch.
Annoyingly the release date and details seem to keep slipping. If that fixes even more of the things that the DF83 fixed over the DF64 it'll be the winner in my book. If not, I want to hurry up and order an 83.

Joekolb

#45: Post by Joekolb »

It needs to be good as possible, so don't want to start selling until then

malling

#46: Post by malling »

Deephaven wrote:Annoyingly the release date and details seem to keep slipping. If that fixes even more of the things that the DF83 fixed over the DF64 it'll be the winner in my book. If not, I want to hurry up and order an 83.
We can't even get Df83 in europe before end February- start marts

Wether we can get variable is up in the air and if so it will earliest be 6 months after its release in the states as they seem To prioritise the american market.

And although variable dos change the capabilities I'm not so convinced it can really give the potential change of larger burrs. It's more that it offer the option where one delivers the same as current df64 at 1400rpm and one where the cup at low rpm is more clean with more fragile and smoother texture. I remember Brian Q said so with Cast and only find bigger differences with UM/MP burrs where variable really made an impact.

I haven't got tons of coffee as he probably he has at low RPM, but the ones I had where a bit cleaner but I would not say revolutionary so. And MP are not my favourite clarity burr set I simply find 98 Brew/ULF/LU better at that.

LindoPhotography

#47: Post by LindoPhotography »

Zed44 wrote:Any upcoming 64mm burr options you can share? I am looking into getting a new grinder and weighing my options for the next 2-3 months or so potentially. So curious in what else is coming out.
Oops. I'm not sure if I meant to say 64mm or 83mm I think there's going to be more 83mm burr options coming out, like from SSP. I didn't love their 64mm cast burrs, but they're doing that in 83mm and it might be better. Hopefully an 83mm SSP MP type burr, I think that would be awesome.

In the 64mm world, there's already a bunch of options (I'd recommend the SSP MP if you're doing filter coffee or mostly high end light roasts for espresso). New burrs in 64mm world, I only know of Option-O has their new burrs just starting too come out now, which look similar style to the Lab Sweet burrs or SSP Cast burrs, word on the street so far is that they're higher flavour clarity, which is good news to me because the SSP cast burrs were all body, no clarity for me, but they may get better with a lot of seasoning.

Jonk

#48: Post by Jonk »

LindoPhotography wrote:Hopefully an 83mm SSP MP type burr
There is one already:

(well, like the precursor UM, perhaps more challenging for espresso)

aldarund

#49: Post by aldarund »

Jonk wrote:There is one already
But its not available anywhere, at least not on ssp site. And is there anyone who tried it?