Turin DF64V Grinder

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
jeetS

#1: Post by jeetS »

Any info on the availability or more info on those df64v?

Moderator note: split from HA64 or HB64 *not* from the maker of DF64

coyote-1

#2: Post by coyote-1 »

I'm considering picking up one of the octagonal 40mm conical burr units for the office. That would be ridiculously simple to modify to stepless, and if I brought my modded Krups Novo2300 I could have an espresso in the afternoon while working. Grinding for one espresso per day should not destroy the thing any time soon.

Advertisement
nudistbarista

#3: Post by nudistbarista »

jeetS wrote:Any info on the availability or more info on those df64v?
It looks like the pre-order is now live at espresso outlet. I'm curious to see how much attention this model gets, especially with the Sculptor and DF83v2 among other units arriving in the near future.

https://www.espressooutlet.net/turin-df ... e-grinder/

Jonk

#4: Post by Jonk »

Lots of nice details. Slim, supposedly quiet grinder with easy-access magnetic chute, some RPM control and multi-purpose adjustment. Unless there are hidden issues it looks like a direct upgrade to the DF64 at a nice price, though I guess some would miss the portafilter holder.

materia

#5: Post by materia »

I just ordered it, I'll post here when it arrives if nobody else does a q&a by then. I emailed the store and they clarified that the motor is a 300W BLDC.

ab

#6: Post by ab »

It's quite nice but the original "899" price is wishful thinking with other companies like Timemore releasing their Sculptor series.

I enjoy my DF64v4 but there's a lot of issues that hurt its consistency. Looking forward to seeing what people think, but there is no way I'm buying anymore Turin stuff sight unseen.

Ah_J

#7: Post by Ah_J »

Advertisement
LObin

#8: Post by LObin »

ab wrote:It's quite nice but the original "899" price is wishful thinking with other companies like Timemore releasing their Sculptor series.

I enjoy my DF64v4 but there's a lot of issues that hurt its consistency. Looking forward to seeing what people think, but there is no way I'm buying anymore Turin stuff sight unseen.
I disagree. Timemore's 064S motor is only 180w vs 300w for the DF64V. I personally much prefer the aesthetics and design of the DF64V but others may disagree. The fact that Timemore claimed that changing the burrs or playing with alignment would void the warranty is worry some...
Timemore 064S will be $450 usd while the DF64V is annonced at $899 but should sell anywhere between $599 and $749 considering DF64 is marketed at $549 but sells for $399...

Considering the other comparative grinders like the Oro, Kopi Deva, Orbit, P64, Zerno, Sculptor 064S... The new DF64V seems to pack a ton at it's price point.
LMWDP #592

LObin

#9: Post by LObin »

New 64mm flat burrs too for the DF64V.
DCL coated *Italmill (*to be confirmed).
DF64V burrs:

Looks like a scale down version of the DF83 Italmill's, which is a good thing from my experience.
DF83 stock burrs:

Some resemblance with the SSP HU as well...
Top: DF83
Bottom: 83mm HU
LMWDP #592

b0j

#10: Post by b0j »

LObin wrote:I disagree. Timemore's 064S motor is only 180w vs 300w for the DF64V. I personally much prefer the aesthetics and design of the DF64V but others may disagree. The fact that Timemore claimed that changing the burrs or playing with alignment would void the warranty is worry some...
Timemore 064S will be $450 usd while the DF64V is annonced at $899 but should sell anywhere between $599 and $749 considering DF64 is marketed at $549 but sells for $399...

Considering the other comparative grinders like the Oro, Kopi Deva, Orbit, P64, Zerno, Sculptor 064S... The new DF64V seems to pack a ton at it's price point.
They're brushless motors, so even the 180w is kinda overkill for an at home grinder, and the 078s has a 400w motor. I think the 078s definitely blows this out of the water, and perhaps the 064s itself does.