Timemore...is this a great commercial or what!!! - Page 9

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Acavia

#81: Post by Acavia »

sandhillcrane wrote:The prices are listed in Singaporean dollars.
Thanks. I see the "S" now.

superworrier

#82: Post by superworrier »

jfjj wrote:I did find it interesting that he didn't like the espresso on the 078s or at least at the seasoning stage he was at. That's a bit odd to me.
They later said the espresso from 078s is flat out better than the 064s

Advertisement
Iceman2913

#83: Post by Iceman2913 »

They just said they need to test more before declaring a few things like 078/078s > ssp mp. Don't blame them, a lot of pressure to know people are ordering things based off yours and like 2 other people.

jfjj

#84: Post by jfjj »

Agreed. I put in for a 078 but kinda on the fence to cancel, I already have a P64 with MP and Mizen coming soon. Not sure if it's really worth it lol
- Jean

bgn

#85: Post by bgn »

I decided to back the 64. It's my first dedicated brew grinder and I have no idea really what I'm getting into. But at the price point, much cheaper than the Ode and not too much more than a Xeoleo I decided to jump in here.

malling

#86: Post by malling »

This is probably my biggest KS gamble so far, there is no knowing if this will fly or fall. Basing it on Hedric reviews of another version with another burr set and another bloke who said the burrs are great is a massive gamble.

DenisSabou

#87: Post by DenisSabou »

078 is not stepped, I can land my dial between the numbers with ease. I can do 5.1 or 5.3 so idk why they say it s stepped.

Advertisement
Ivyb82

#88: Post by Ivyb82 »

EvanOz85 wrote:I would highly discourage people from making a grinder purchase solely based on one person's opinion.
Oh, I agree with you. It's a ridiculous thing to do, so I updated my pledge to include both units.

EvanOz85

#89: Post by EvanOz85 replying to Ivyb82 »

I already have way too many grinders or I would've done the same!

edit: Went ahead and added the 64s as well. Looks like it could be a good travel grinder.

malling

#90: Post by malling replying to EvanOz85 »

I consider doing it as well and then sell the ode g1, it's messy don't do lower RPM. It's a fine grinder but suddenly it dos feel a bit underwhelming as this is practically cheaper. If I don't like it I can always sell it for about the same I got it for on KS. It's basically two grinders for the price of a DF83 :lol:

While I could afford a 98mm SD grinder, I don't really desire spending that much on a grinder for achieving diminishing returns (I owned a 98mm before so I know that is what it is). Currently even spending the €1500-1900 (including VAT, shipping and import duties) on Zerno Z1, Orbit or P64 and getting no real noticeable gain in the cup over a €467 grinder just isn't selling it for me. It's a lot to spend extra for better craftsmanship, longevity and alignment. I already have 64mm and the difference between an Ode and P64 ain't massive, little bit cleaner on lower RPM but it's really about it.

The Zerno looked originally like a better middle ground but with current hike to €1500 to get it to EU it kinda lost me a bit there. For American the value proportion are much more reasonable as street prices of these SD are only like 2.4x so a much tougher decision in EU it's like 3-4x and that kinda kills it for me.

And getting two grinders for €700 kinda appeal to me in a funny way.