Timemore...is this a great commercial or what!!! - Page 4

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Jonk

#31: Post by Jonk »

spressomon wrote:I remember seeing March for Timemore on Kickstarter...
Seems they changed it to March now. Let's just hope it's in the near future (including delivery).

Scotch_and_Coffee

#32: Post by Scotch_and_Coffee »

@DenisSabou

Do you have any sense whether the 064 will perform similarly? The 078 isn't available in the kickstarter, unfortunately :(.

Also, this is a more general question, but are you able to hyper-align turbo/ghost burrs the way you are flat burrs? Zero-ing out to touch, etc.

Thank you so much for the detailed info!

malling

#33: Post by malling replying to Scotch_and_Coffee »

Well the 078 is already at the market or getting there within a month

DenisSabou

#34: Post by DenisSabou »

078 will not be on kickstarter. I dont think the small one will be good, as it doesnt have enough final stage cutting teeth rows. The 078 has 2 rows of final cutting teeth paired with the ek43 style-preakers. The 064 looks like a italmill burr pre-cutting like df64 with just 1 row of teeth at the end, that in my opinion wont be enough not at high or low speed.

Also the 078 has way more teeth than the 064. For me I want the best, so I would not bother buying 064.

twjacobsen

#35: Post by twjacobsen »

Timemore commented on their Facebook page, that they'd be sending out "review units to influencers" (yes, their choice of words) mid-march, leaving early backers to be doing "backing in the dark" :D

I expect to back the 078S personally, since the $499 early-bird price tag seems reasonable to me.

ab

#36: Post by ab »

I plan on getting the 078s but I had also planned on getting the 078 for pour overs.

After reading their posts I am disappointed. I hope they pivot and offer 078s with either burr option and then I can have two identical sets, both with stepless adjustments, but also both burrs.

DenisSabou

#37: Post by DenisSabou »

078 is stepless so IDK what people know or what piece of information goes around the internet. The 078S thread might be finer so you get a finer degree of adjustment, but I can land my dial on 078 anywhere, be it 5.1 or 5.3 or 5.4 it doesnt have to be on the dots (5-5.5-6).

boren

#38: Post by boren »

These new Timemore grinders are very appealing. Unfortunately already at release date they'll be behind some other single-dosing grinder in how they handle static. If you don't mind doing RDT, it's a non-issue. If you'd like to drop this step (pun not intended), better look at other options. The Fellow Ode Gen2 was the first grinder with a de-ionizer (which works amazingly well) and soon there'll be two more - DF83 v2 and VS64. Both are suitable for espresso and pourover, unlike the Ode which is pourover-only.

spressomon

#39: Post by spressomon »

I'm interested in the 064S for mobile/travel use; at $299 its not much of a risk. Using common size burrs will make burr swap an advantage if stock burrs don't quite do it.
No Espresso = Depresso

Scotch_and_Coffee

#40: Post by Scotch_and_Coffee »

ab wrote:I plan on getting the 078s but I had also planned on getting the 078 for pour overs.

After reading their posts I am disappointed. I hope they pivot and offer 078s with either burr option and then I can have two identical sets, both with stepless adjustments, but also both burrs.
I e-mailed with them a bit, and they really don't want you replacing the burrs yourself, going so far as to make that grounds (heh) to void the warranty. They also said that because they are calibrated with different zero points, while you can put 078 burrs in the 078s, you can't do the reverse.

TBH this doesn't make total sense to me since most grinders allow you to recalibrate the zero point. I suspect they don't want to advertise it as possible and then have a bunch of people wreck their grinders.