Suction Feet for Mazzer Mini

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
milnerb1

#1: Post by milnerb1 »

One of the most frustrating things about using my Mazzer Mini is that it tends to slide all over the countertop when I am using the doser. I was wondering if anybody has ever seen or known of a way to apply suction feet to replace the existing feet.

Zoey

#2: Post by Zoey »

I had a Mini, and suffered the same problem. I solved it by cutting out small square pieces of black craft foam (I think it was 2mm thick), which I placed under the existing feet. No more slipping, and as an added bonus, they absorbed a lot of the vibration, which saved me from being beaten to death by Her Ladyship when I was pulling shots at 0h-God-thirty in the morning. The stuff I used had an embellished pattern on one side (like a hatch pattern or something like that).

You can get sheets on Amazon inexpensively, or at a craft store.

Advertisement
milnerb1 (original poster)

#3: Post by milnerb1 (original poster) »

This is an awesome, cheap, and easy fix idea Thank you!

turtle

#4: Post by turtle »

Have you tried roughing up the rubber feet with some fine grit sand paper?
Mick - Drinking in life one cup at a time
I'd rather be roasting coffee

ash4889

#5: Post by ash4889 »

Home Depot has a bunch of sticky pads, I had the same problem with mine.......was a very cheap fix.

Zoey

#6: Post by Zoey »

Have you found that the sticky pads from HD tend to slide off, leaving a sticky residue? I have them on the bottom of my Macbook Air, and I usually have to replace them every few months due to this problem.

caffeinatedjen
Supporter ❤

#7: Post by caffeinatedjen »

I put a cheap mouse pad under mine, one of those thin ones that come with a computer. It worked fine and dampened the noise some too.

Advertisement
Zoey

#8: Post by Zoey »

That's a really good idea, and probably easier to source the materials! Wish I had thought of that!

Now honestly, who wouldn't want a "Finding Nemo" or "Hello Kitty" pad under their EK43 or Mazzer Mini? 8)