Stuck Niche Zero - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
RNAV

#21: Post by RNAV »

javipi wrote:Hello guys,
I own a Niche Zero, and trying to dial in new beans I got, the niche stuck. I was at 11 position within the espresso range. It started grinding and stops, while you can hear the motor still applying force but the burrs are just stuck. Is the first time it happens.

I removed the beans grinding in a super coarse setting, cleaned the burrs, calibrated and again it stuck trying to grind for espresso.

Has this happened to anyone you know?
What would you recommend? I tried to search the site but didn't find any info.

Thanks in advanced
My grinder has gotten stuck/stalled several times. Every time I've been using a lightly-roasted Ethiopian, and trying to grind fine enough to reduce sourness and bring out sweetness. I've had to turn the grinder on/off several times to get it going again.

I completely cleaned out the machine, recalibrated, and I've had it stick a couple times on another light Ethiopian (different roaster this time).

drgary
Team HB

#22: Post by drgary »

Obviously more than one person is having this problem. I wonder whether there's a relationship with usage pattern. I only rarely use mine for pourover, since I have a Bunn LPG equipped with Ditting burrs that predates the Niche.

I'll be interested to learn what the Niche folks say about this.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

javipi (original poster)

#23: Post by javipi (original poster) »

As an update to this matter, the beans I used that day were clearly under developed. They were not roasted right. Clearly the Niche motor doesn't have the power to handle under developed beans, and apparently not very light ones either.

LObin

#24: Post by LObin »

javipi wrote:Clearly the Niche motor doesn't have the power to handle under developed beans, and apparently not very light ones either.
Actually, it is anything but clear. For the moment, a handful of people have reported stalling issues with their units. Many others have had different experiences.

I have read multiple posts suggesting reaching out to Niche Coffee but have yet to see someone reporting back. Again, before stating that the Niche motor is the culprit and that every unit suffer from the same issue, I would strongly advise you to contact Niche Coffee's customer service.
LMWDP #592
★ Helpful