Starbucks Barista Grinder: hopper direction for finer grind?

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
BKSinAZ

#1: Post by BKSinAZ »

Until I get a REAL grinder, I found a Starbucks Barista Grinder on craigslist for 40 bucks. It came with no directions.
The grind setting markings are slightly worn off. So which way to turn the hopper for finer grinds? Is the direction to take off hopper for coarser grind??

thanks

heavyduty

#2: Post by heavyduty »

Clockwise for finer, counter clockwise for coarser. Easy to confirm with a few beans ground.
Tomorrow came sooner than expected.

Paul

turtle

#3: Post by turtle »

BKSinAZ wrote:Until I get a REAL grinder, I found a Starbucks Barista Grinder on craigslist for 40 bucks. It came with no directions.
The grind setting markings are slightly worn off. So which way to turn the hopper for finer grinds? Is the direction to take off hopper for coarser grind??

thanks
I assume you are talking about the Baratza version? Not sure if there are other brands sold under the Starbucks branding.....

If it is a Baratza think of the hopper as a water faucet handle. Open it for coarser, close it for finer.

The entry level Baratza grinder (Solas, Starbucks, etc) are a fine brew grinder.
Mick - Drinking in life one cup at a time
I'd rather be roasting coffee

Intrepid510

#4: Post by Intrepid510 »

There is non baratza version that is not as good, but if it's that one then you are good to go.