St. Anthony Shot Collar with Mahlkonig K30

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
sluflyer06

#1: Post by sluflyer06 »

Has anyone used the Saint Anthony Industries shot collar on a K30 Vario? Wondering if the whole portafilter+collar assembly stays together on its own when you push it into the switch to start the grinding.

Thanks.

joalepins

#2: Post by joalepins »

Hey, I will be able to answer this question somewhere next week, waiting for my shot collar !

Advertisement
Fluffeepuff

#3: Post by Fluffeepuff replying to joalepins »

I'll be keeping my eye on your results!

trumz

#4: Post by trumz »

Hey, you could send these guys a message...

sluflyer06 (original poster)

#5: Post by sluflyer06 (original poster) »

joalepins wrote:Hey, I will be able to answer this question somewhere next week, waiting for my shot collar !
Awesome. Would be appreciated.

joalepins

#6: Post by joalepins »

I'll post the review tomorrow as I've just received it this morning !

joalepins

#7: Post by joalepins »

Good morning, used the collar with my K30 this morning for the first time, don't quite fit the portafilter holder ...

Quick and probably only fix to make it work is to remove the holder and hold the portafilter while you press the button.

Had to play a bit to adjust it to the right height but seems to do a great job distributing the coffee. Took only a couple of seconds to get a single stream right in the centre of the basket.

A picture is worth a thousand words :

I will play more with it and get back with a good review after, just wanted to let people with K30's see the overall fit/no fit !

Advertisement
sluflyer06 (original poster)

#8: Post by sluflyer06 (original poster) »

Thanks for the post. I already removed the holder when i got my Linea Mini, the deep La Marzocco portafilter doesn't fit in the space with the Orphan Espresso funnel (even as short that that is), so thats no problem. My main concern was when pushing the St.A collar into the button to dispense if it stayed on the portfailter or if the pressure would cause it to pop off the portafilter.

joalepins

#9: Post by joalepins replying to sluflyer06 »

Being so heavy, no way it's going to pop off ! Also, there's about close to 1/4'' of the tool that sits in the basket so ...

Time will tell if this really makes a difference as some coffee tends to channel more than others so we'll see !

Right now, I've pulled 4 shots with it and every shot was consistent and only a couple of seconds before a single stream.