SSP Lab Sweet 64mm - Page 45

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
DownTheRabbitHole (original poster)

#441: Post by DownTheRabbitHole (original poster) »

Thanks!

I've also noticed higher retention with the LS. About .2g regularly and then about 1g after cleaning and more than .2g for a subsequent few more batches

Jesscccc

#442: Post by Jesscccc »

Thanks for your info, my coffee bean now using for espresso is medium to dark roasted, so I think I might have to grinder a bit bigger. I also find it is kinda mundy in pour-over on setting 60, which is a light to medium roasted bean. Kinda excited to do more experiment with the Lab Sweet casting DF64 after seasoning it :D

I can see others also found that the retention is a problem on this burr, nevertheless I will report any improvement after I get my 3kg (yes, I ordered more lol) cheap coffee bean on hand to season the burrs.

ltanzil

#443: Post by ltanzil » replying to Jesscccc »

because i did not have any experience with flair
i just found out from Lance hedrick video that flair pro need coarser grind than standard espresso machine. this is due to deeper basket

calmunderpressure

#444: Post by calmunderpressure »

Hey guys,

does anybody know a source from where I can buy the v2 of this burrset with red speed coating?

I'm Germany-based and can't find a shop.

What happened to the plans from option-o to release some cast burrs in this style?

Nearly got my hands on a used set, but I was too late and now I'm very disappointed.

linktopast

#445: Post by linktopast »

https://www.homebarista.be/de/shop/prod ... sweet-64mm

I bought them from here to Germany, but they are silver coated. Since it doesn't make a difference except that they last even longer you should be fine.

boringegg

#446: Post by boringegg »

calmunderpressure wrote:Hey guys,

does anybody know a source from where I can buy the v2 of this burrset with red speed coating?

I'm Germany-based and can't find a shop.

What happened to the plans from option-o to release some cast burrs in this style?

Nearly got my hands on a used set, but I was too late and now I'm very disappointed.
you can order the refub with red speed coating http://www.espressotool.com/?idx=3
however, it doesn't seem like they ship to germany.

KayCee79

#447: Post by KayCee79 »

I got a set of SSP High Uniformity burrs shipped to Germany last week from ecafe.es. They also have the Silver Knight Cast burrs in stock though.

https://ecafe.es/tienda/muelas-fresas-b ... -df64.html

CM00

#448: Post by CM00 »

I opened my DF64 today after the first 3kg(+\-) ran through the LS burrs. Quite messy inside I'd say, surprised to see a lot of retention on the surface of the burrs.
Also, besides more overall static, I noticed a lot of fine particles on the outer edge of the upper burr, building up slowly outside the O-ring. I switched back to HU and after 6 shots I took a look inside again and it was super clean, only the fine ring on the walls of the grinding chamber.
I have the printed chute without declumper ( big shoutout to our colleague GDM) and the difference was clear to me - LS is more messy than HU in the DF64 and I think I need a new grinder for the LS, something with tight tolerances and less maintenance needed. I hope I will not give in to the chinese market again, Lagom seems too complicated to procure in the EU.

lessthanjoey

#449: Post by lessthanjoey »

CM00 wrote:Lagom seems too complicated to procure in the EU.
Why? Go to website, order, done?

CM00

#450: Post by CM00 »

Complicated as in "financially complicated" :D